Pro Trucks Purse Increase at Thunderhill Raceway

debwill

Shown below is an increased purse for the Pro Trucks this weekend at Thunderhill Raceway. We hope more of the Pro Truck drivers will choose to race with us this weekend at THR.

PRO TRUCK PURSE

THUNDERHILL RACEWAY

APRIL 11, 2009

*Payout

1 $1,000

2 $500

3 $300

4 $100

5 $100

6 $100

7 $100

8 $100

9 $100

10 $100

11 $100

12 $100

13 $100

14 $100

15 $100

*Must have a minimum of 15 Pro Trucks &

must complete at least one lap to qualify

for $100 minimum payout

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very disapointed in the truck competitors, you guys have complained for a few years now that there hasnt been a place to race and if the tracks payed we would be there..................Both tracks have done this and the trucks that are showing up are still the same trucks that showed up for the past few years. What is it now? Do you guys need some help getting them together? Whats keep them in the garages? Lets go guys support the tracks, they are listening but its hard to do for the racers if the racers wont show.

J.C Umscheid

UMSCHEID Race Services, INC

817 783 7383

512 496 0195

Yes, Aaron, I personally sent e-mails to any of the drivers that were registered drivers last year (and this year). I don't know how to contact the ones who might be building a truck, thinking about building a truck, etc. We do not use LSS as the the only resource for contacting drivers. I'm sure you get our e-mails about anything that affects the THR local classes, so you know the drill.

If you feel phone calls or mailouts will help, we'd love to have some volunteers to help us accomplish that big task!

Debbie.. just know.. not saying it wasn't done.. just saying what i saw..

I get e-mails from both you and Mary Ann... however as you said your only as good as the list you have..

We have to find the one's that aren't on your info list & get ahold of them.. Same issue with every class and getting cars to the track.

As for calls'

I think Drivers that have showed up for a previous race in the season, but not the last one deserve a call.

Same with drivers that "tore stuff up" Call them... see how they are doing & if there is anything that is needed to get them back out..

Edited by abrungot

15 is tuff for trucks to get as we are still rebuilding the class, At THR we were the biggest class at some last year races with 10 or 11Trucks ... I know the trucks or out there and I hope we can get them to come out... Thanks for all the help from THR and HMP..... We would like ya'll to lower the truck count to 12 for the pay and then add a truck each race and maybe we can get more out.... It's hard to come from Dallas (3 Trucks) Waco (4 Trucks) for $80 when it cost me $200 for fuel, $ 50 entry fee, pit passes...... THanks D. L.

Edited by Yellow6

I cannot say for sure but I would be willing to bet that Easter had something to do with the turn out. Actually it probably had a lot to do with it.

There is no doubt that HMP and THR are doing a great job of increasing the purse and improving the program and I know that everyone is appreciative.

I think there should be one or 2 people who are involved with the trucks that should call all the drivers that own trucks. E-mails and letters only do so much. One on one conversations is the way to go. Talking one on one with drivers can help a lot, in all situations. Communication is key in keeping things together.

We will be offering the same purse to the Pro Modifieds for the race at THR on April 25. I hope it makes a difference!

COOL!!!!!!!! Of coarse we need more than 7 mods to show up also.

I am very disapointed in the truck competitors, you guys have complained for a few years now that there hasnt been a place to race and if the tracks payed we would be there..................Both tracks have done this and the trucks that are showing up are still the same trucks that showed up for the past few years. What is it now? Do you guys need some help getting them together? Whats keep them in the garages? Lets go guys support the tracks, they are listening but its hard to do for the racers if the racers wont show.

J.C Umscheid

UMSCHEID Race Services, INC

817 783 7383

512 496 0195

JC, it's not like those of us who have trucks sitting in the garage are protesting. There are probably a wide array of reasons some teams are not racing, mostly due to lack of extra spending $. Mine's for sale, buy it. Or better yet hook me up w/ a crate motor & transmission and I'll go racing again :) Take care bro.

-Jr