2012 NASCAR Fiesta Modified Rules

HMP Race Teams,

This has to be the earliest we have ever had these out but here are your 2012 NASCAR Fiesta Modified Rules. The first thing you should notice is the rules have gone from 12 pages down to 7. Jack Sandefur and I have worked closely with Gulf Coast Tech Director, Ricky Brooks to reduce our rules to be in line with the Gulf Coast rules for 2012 as much as possible. However, thank to racers feedback, HMP will continue to allow bump stops, tubular lower control arms and dual piston brakes. Weights are the same as what we have published in the latter part of this year. We have eliminated much of the restrictions in the rules to allow teams to be creative. Have fun! I hope you won’t make us regret it. Lol.

Please take the time to read through the rules. Changes are in red. However, much has been eliminated and therefore not everything is in red.

If you have any questions, please give Jack or myself a call.

Sincerely,

John Mandabach

Vice President & General Manager

Houston Motorsports Park

11620 N Lake Houston Pkwy

Houston, TX 77044

Direct: 713-826-3313

www.houstonmotorsportspark.com

Edited by Houston Motorsports Park

Here is an update to the rules:

Section 18 has been amended to read, "A maximum of one 12 volt battery is allowed and it should be in a steel frame. May not be mounted in driver’s compartment."

Previously it had stated that the battery should be mounted in the rear. Many of the Modifieds have it located in the front and Jack has allowed it. Thank you to Hray for pointing that out.

Here is a link to the updated rules:

2012 NASCAR FIESTA MODIFIED RULES