Who wants the rules to change at

racerjim2

Racing on used tires is a joke.

A tire is "used" as soon as you scuff it in. I know Colt isn't talking about the 970 tire, but as an example, that tire is not at it's best until you've put between 10 to 20 laps on it.

If I could find a consistent source for tires that were only one race old, I would buy those before stickers any day. It's not a safety issue whatsoever.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you relize that most people practice on tires that have 100-200 laps on them?? So you think its such a safety concern I guess we should just bolt stickers on every time we touch the track. Or since 50 laps tires are unsafe I guess we should all make pit stop if the race is longer than 50 laps? Racing is a Danerous sport. Theres always a chance you can get hurt. You said you wouldnt want to be out there with someone on junk tires well if you cant control a racecar with 50 lap used tires you might wanna consider another hobby.

Are you serious??? TOO HELP THE CAR COUNT!!!! All I suggested was an idea that I have seen work on helping car counts. Car count goes up fan count goes up.

I know ya'll orginally were talking about LM tires but Colt is right, If the trucks had to put on four new tires every week or even every other week I think 90% would be show trucks. I know there has to be guys like that in the LM series. I had left side tires with 700 laps on them. Two used tires isn't that big of a deal and if I could afford 4 new tires every race, I'd just buy another truck so my dad could race with me. (Increasing the truck count)

Guest lidllarry

If $200 is the difference in racing a Late Model or something else, you may want to race something else. I think you need new tires to dodge those people who come flying out of the pit area. If a guy wants to buy 10 tires a race, so be it. If someone does not want to buy any tires, thats fine too. Why are there so many controll freaks in racing.

If $200 is the difference in racing a Late Model or something else, you may want to race something else.  I think you need new tires to dodge those people who come flying out of the pit area.

O ya just 200 dollars. I guess you just plan on running one night. You sure are touchy about just having two tires. FG

New tires would have saved two torn up race cars the last time you raced Bandit.

lidlarry,

You come across as another "know it all" who hides behind a screen name in order to poke insults at drivers. Who knows if you even own or drive a race car?

This was a pretty constructive thread until you popped in with your personal insults.

Yes, there are lot of know it alls and super heros on here. They can drive just as good with 50 lap tires as new ones.

Eddie, Colt, and Shawn are three of the best drivers in there classes and they run on a limited budget and ALWAYS run up front. How can you set there and tell them what they need and what they dont need? The more you say and the more input of your knowledge you express, shows everyone the lack of knowledge you have about our sport. Climb outside your box and look around, its a big world out there and its forever changing.....

Larry,

Why is it that everyone seems to agree that cutting cost would improve the car counts, which would improve the racing, which would increase the fan attendance. Yet, you criticize everyone and have no suggestions other than spend more money. I don’t know of to many teams that aren’t already stretching their budgets to the max, just to try and be competitive on a weekly basis. If they took your suggestion, 95% of the teams would just give up. It’s good business on the promoter’s side to help cut cost for the racers.

Listening to you talk about racing is equivalent to television stations taking shows off the air because someone in bum fu#k Idaho doesn’t feel it’s appropriate. The majority should rule not someone who’s out in left field.

Larry it’s obvious you were never a racer and just can’t understand the sacrifice and commitment people make to go and put on show every Saturday night.

Guest lidllarry

Maybe I a just dumb, but maybe some people are not as skilled and talented as you guys and need better tires to be competitve. How is that a bad thing? Maybe they dont want to race if they cant be competitive?

Maybe they dont want to race if they cant be competitive?

Thats my whole point here lil larry. Just put your self in someone shoes with a low budget. They show up to the track and can only afford to put two tires on. Well down pit road you got joe blow practicing on a new set, doing a mock run on a new set and racing on a new set. You think they want to race against that? you can be competitive on two tires if everyone is on two.

we have practiced on 125+ lap old tires and it was never a saftey concern. yes stickers are better, but i dont think they would be any safer. actually they are probally worse cause they can make you think you are superman and bonzai(sp) off into the turns and maybe take a few cars out. just a thought.

big john

Archived