Toyota coming in 07

Jason

"the more there are to beat, the more there are to beat."

Of course, Dale was a competitor...

you know it buddy........the more the merrier.

like txtom said toyota is just as much if not more american now than the big three are , forget where they originated and just be glad that another part of industry has taken it's intrest in the sport far enough to dabble in it. in 10 years you might not even think of nascar without toyota ...........

im with budman........the more cars on the track the better......as far as foreign makers in nascar, oh well........

the monte carlos are front wheel drive with 6 cyl engines, the dodge chargers are built in canada,the ford fusion is also a 6 cyl.............so basically all of the cars currently racing in nascar aren't the same as the old days........times are changing and so is nascar...........we'll have to wait and see what happens after all is said and done........nasar has done a good job lately of pissing off all the old school fans, so im sure this will drive a few more away.........jmo

I agree...Let em run. NASCAR has already strayed away from true STOCK CARS anyway. Its just going to be another manufactures motor in a Uni-body car anyway. We still have true STOCK CARS racing at the local short tracks but how long will that last? I miss yhe good ol days! :(

My Dodge Neon was made in Mexico. So it seems that the only people who know how to build a car in the USA and make a profit are the Japs. And did yall see the new Nascar? It looks like one of those Hondas on the street with that big wing on the back. I dont know anyone that would put a big old wing on the back of their race car.LOL! Anyway, Neon Will

guess you aint seen the new neons ,Neon.I consider em racecars when they get a tech card,go thru tech and run down the track where i work.They got a wing from the factory mounted on the deck and Daimler/Chrysler did it

Edited by Tommy33

While watching the news last night, I saw an interview with Ford employee complaining about how the company was shutting down his plant. Then I noticed he was sitting in a Honda accord. Jeez buddy, if you don't have enough faith in a product you build to buy one, why should I? ;)

thats kinda like the budweiser warehouse manager in colorado who got caught drinking a coors in a bar,they told him"we put food on your table,so you could put some on ours"-they fired him-.But no sense complaining when you get laid off if you're not helping your own cause

Tommy33, those new neons are cool! We are racing the first generation neons, but I do have a big double decker wing on the back of my Thexas Thunder neon! On the news today they said chrysler was laying off 6000 people also. That is bad, it is bad for Nascar. Its prolly only gona be 5 or 10 years before Nascar is a worldly sport just like F1. Its all about money. At least we still have our local short tracks for now, and we can race what ever we want LOL! Neon Will

he is also going to have 2 cup teams in 2007 as toyotas..........they say so far there will be 6 toyotas in cup in 2007...........2 from bill davis, 2 from michael waltrip and 2 from an undisclosed owner, with red bull as their sponsor............toyota said they will have no factory backing like uaw has with the dodge teams so it should be interesting..........gotta admit the photos of the toyota cars look pretty sweet...........and in 2008 they are switching to unleaded fuel for nascar, so it is just changes all over in nascar...........

The Red Bull team is owned by Red Bull. Its kind of like how Valvoline owns part of the 10 team with Ray Evernham. Red Bull bought Cosworth and now Minardi in F1. As a company they have a ton of money to spend on racing. Should be interesting.