Jimmie Johnson caught cheating

REBELRACER

Tqj3 I think you do understand "driving" but maybe not "racing". If you try to get everything you can out of a car and you get caught then ok, you deserve the DQ and maybe the fine but I don't beleive that makes you a bad racer or crewcheif. Everybody tries something that is marginal as far as the rules go, but I would bet that 99% of the time that stuff doesn't get a win or even a pole. It is no different than knocking someone up out of the way so you can pass, you are not supposed to do it but if it means one position most people are going to do it. Personnally I don't give a crap if Jimmy ever wins another race but I don't think thinks makes him less of a racer or Chad less of a crewcheif.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poorboy-

My point was in reference to "cookie cutter" cars, which everyone seems to think you "can't race." The same thing is said in reference to crate motors: if everybody has the same motor, you "can't race."

Why not? As I've said before, give us a handful of box stock Chevy Chevette five-speeds, or Chevy Corvette five-speeds, and I'll pick one at random and blow your doors off. (If I don't believe I can do that, I'm not a racer in the first place. I'll either figure out a way to get around you, or I won't, but I'll be getting the most I can out of the car either way.) Why does everyone have to have an "edge" for it to be racing?

Sure, 1-crew, you have to have different cars and different chassis for different tracks if everyone else is going to have that option, but why would it mean you couldn't race if no one had that option? I've raced in series where you couldn't do a damn thing to the car, you just had to figure out how to drive around whatever shortcomings it had.

Some guys like driving, and some like building and setting up. Fine. But the problem now in NASCAR is that building and setting up (legal or otherwise) is worth far more than driving, and if they don't fix that, we're done. You will wind up with a bunch of pretty boys (and girls) who can't drive a hot nail in a snowbank, but can push down the gas and hang on once the car is set up and then get out of the car and get all the sponsors' names mentioned smoothly.

Anybody ever wonder what's going to happen when the rest of the world finds out what we already know: that the modern racing drivers aren't the best, just the best financed? How much credibility will NASCAR, or IRL, or Formula 1 have then?

What the hell am I missing here? Why did Terry lose driver points, when JJ doesn't?

How did NASCAR differentiate on the issue of penalizing driver(s)?

Not sure but,

Knaus was suspended for 4 races ( like Harvick's crew chief last year).

I'll bet someone was docked the same points last year on the illegal carb thing and they had to make the penalty pretty much the same.

Just a guess though,

Mel

Poorboy-

My point was in reference to "cookie cutter" cars, which everyone seems to think you "can't race." The same thing is said in reference to crate motors: if everybody has the same motor, you "can't race."

Some guys like driving, and some like building and setting up. Fine. But the problem now in NASCAR is that building and setting up (legal or otherwise) is worth far more than driving, and if they don't fix that, we're done. You will wind up with a bunch of pretty boys (and girls) who can't drive a hot nail in a snowbank, but can push down the gas and hang on once the car is set up and then get out of the car and get all the sponsors' names mentioned smoothly.

tgj3,

I agree, but pretty boy, if that's the case how did the BUSH brothers sneak through the back gate. lol

CSR