official stand

walshes

"Herbie" was living at San Antonio Speedway last Saturday night and residing in 8th place.

When he first saw "Herbie", Terry Dickerson told me before practice that he was going over to the USRA-SLM pits and spread the rumor that he was considering allowing "Herbie" to run in their 125 lap feature race. (Note: In the movie didn't "Herbie" beat all those NASCAR Cup cars at California Speedway?

"Herbie" even promised to have a professional roof top number installed for his next "Twin Features" race which will take place at SAS on April 15th.

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

Edited by NeilTPS

Terry Dickerson [/u]told me before practice that he was going over to the USRA-SLM pits and spread the rumor that he was considering allowing "Herbie" to run in their 125 lap feature race.

In the stands a lot of people liked Herbie, maybe Dickerson will let him be the pace car for the start of the SLM race. He could be honking the horn as he leaves the track.

When he first saw "Herbie", Terry Dickerson told me before practice that he was going over to the USRA-SLM pits and spread the rumor that he was considering allowing "Herbie" to run in their 125 lap feature race. (Note: In the movie didn't "Herbie" beat all those NASCAR Cup cars at California Speedway

Now Neil, Can you imagine the ramifications if herbie went out and ran with the SLM's and won their race?

Our friend John Walsh would really have his panties in a wad then!

I would even be glad to somehow have a drawing at the races for a lucky winner to have a ride in "Herbie"around the track and give all the money from ticket sales to a local charity that supports racing,or the track,etc.Or just help out with any way to promote our sport and the Texas Pro Sedans. Just my way of giving back to a sport that I have a great time with!!!!!!.............any track owners or race directors interested???...............Randy #53

I got beat by all those guys in the TPS race and I dont think the 70 car was cheating. The rules allow the engine builder to do just about anything to make good HP, theres little left to cheat. My opinion is Donnie had a top secret close ratio transmission where he raced most of the race in one gear then dropped into a passing gear!!!I think the 70 team just spent more money on HP this winter than we did.

Also I had fun racing the 53 for a while, I wish Randy had been a little faster to make the fun last a little longer. I like the horn too, better than the usual "chrome horn" others prefer.