Tri-City Speedway Playday / Test & Tune

Chico125

Here's the latest on track conditions for the First Annual Tri-City Speedway New Years Day Test & Tune. The track is drying and it will take some work in the morning but it will be runable. The track is wet low in the corners, low on the back straight going into 3, and low on the front straight but after having 6 inches of rain in less than a week and only 2 good days of drying ( and tomorrow morning ) the track is actually pretty good mid to high all the way around. I made the sacrifice late this evening and ran 5 or so laps. I actually stuck the nose in deep in 1 and 3 and came out ok. Everyone needs to be aware that the track is not perfect but I hope that those who make the trip will be ok with conditions and realize we did the best we could considering the alternative.....NO PLAY DAY ! BUMMER ! So we'll give it a go and hope for the best. I hope everyone has a very safe and happy new year. I will have my cell phone with me so if anyone wants to call before loading up, I'll be happy to answer any questions. Cell # - 210-818-4820. I'll be available at 8:00am so feel free to call. Thanks again everyone. Drive safe and we'll see you tomorrow.

Chico Cox / Tri-City Speedway

Wanted to say "Thank You" for still having the playday. I know that doing any kind

of track prep with the amount of rain we had would be tough, but the staff managed

to do the best that they could with what they had and the track still turned out pretty

good. The best part was no dust. It was good to see so many of our drivers and

families show up and also several new drivers with their families. It shiows that the

interest is there. There were people that made the trip from more than 3 hours a way

just to be here. The best thing was that it gave CHICO a chance to talk to everyone

face to face and explain his plans for now and the future. With the turn out we had, it

should be a really good season. Keep putting them cars together and lets have a good

time.

Happy New Year to all,

Gary Hunter (TAZ RACING)

We had a good time also. Had one more car coming with us, but he got called in to work (he'd of had a good time as well if he could have made it). Thank you Chico for pulling it off and your hospitality. Everyone associated with the track was very friendly. Our goal was to see how the motors responded and with us being in new cars, just to simply see how they felt. Mission accomplished.

Gary (Taz Racing), it was nice meeting you and enjoyed talking with you. You have a sharp looking ride.

Sounded like some positive improvements are planned with the property. As physical improvements are made to the property and if a more visible presence is made to the Interstate traffic with signage, the fan count will rise as well from curiosity seekers as much as anything. It's a prime location for visibility if a large sign can be displayed, especially to capture attention during the non-race days.

Thanks again for the pratice day, we sure enjoyed ringing in the New Year with a little dirt.

-Monty

"dirt running through my veins"

www.ykc.com/mcchamber

Edited by texana55

Good job Chico and staff on the test and tune! We don't have the cars ready yet so we didn't get to run 'em, but the family had a good time watching anyway. With the number of cars showing up for the first test and tune, the season looks promising. I'm looking forward to having more Southern Sportsmods making regular appearances this season. Keep up the good work and let me know if I can do anything to help.

Meester Dennis, do you need to borrow some rivets? I'll be getting in touch with you soon.

Mike #7

3 B Racing

Once again Chico, thanks for the playday. My son and the other guys had a "Great Time" in their dwarf cars getting in some laps before the season begins. Looking forward to being able to race at your facility and everyone was really nice and upbeat about things. Good Luck and see ya next time.

Donnie Hunt

Josh Hunt (the #85 car)

Just a quick note to end a long day. I'd really like to thank all the drivers and spectators who made it out on new years day. wow. Without you guys this would just be a real expensive fish pond. I need to thank a few people first, Kiolbassa Sausage, Jeffs Auto Rebuilders (Kenneth), Poteet Fire Dept., My Concession Stand Staff, Rainbow Man for the great job on flagman duty, and the pit staff - Cassie, Tommy, Mark, Janelle, and Meester Dennis on the blade. Well we've still got a lot of work but the process has started. There is a drivers meeting for Pure Stock and Street Stock set for this Saturday, Jan. 13 at 2:00 pm. If the weather is bad I will let everyone know of an alternate location other than the track. The Super Stock drivers meeting is set for Sunday, Jan. 14 at 2:00pm. If you have any questions or there needs to be a change please let me know. We are planning another playday/test & tune for Sunday, Jan. 28 so mark your calendar and we'll see you there. I hope to finalize rules by end of next week and they will be posted. Also we'll have the schedule posted as well. Once again thanks everyone for the support and we'll see you soon.

Umm... 6 Gold Circle Tickets to Monster Jam...and pit passes or Drivers Meeting.... ????? What to do??

ummmmm I think Monster jam and get the rules later,lol,lol. unless you want to donated them to the MKT RACING fund for underfunded racers and I will see they are put to good use, ( and get the rules myself at a later time,lol,lol) :D:P:rolleyes:

I live 100+ miles from the track so will not attend. I will drive 110 miles to race but not for a meeting. My input regarding street stock is this:

I have just purchased a second I-stock. If my cars can run with street we will race there assuming no problems with blinding dust on the track which has been chronic ever since I-37 opened.

I can't make changes to the cars for specific Tri-City rules and render them no longer I-stock legal and competitive to run in Killeen, Abilene, HOT etc.

If you poll drivers I have raced with previously at I-37 I believe they will tell you they would like to see my cars down there.

Let me know.

Chico I e-mailed you and it bounced. Perhaps your e-mail address in your profile is not up-do-date?

Thanks...

Don Lewis

Don's Automotive

1636 South First

Austin ,Texas 78704

1-512-447-9032

Umm... 6 Gold Circle Tickets to Monster Jam...and pit passes or Drivers Meeting.... ????? What to do??

Mindy,

Give me and Cody two of the tickets and we'll tell you if it was fun. :D

Darin

It is a sacrafice, but I will take the other four so you can attend the meeting. Problem solved!! Don't you just love how this racing community helps one another!! :P

Thanks ya'll for wanting to help me out with these tickets, lol, but, the kids would be so dissappointed if they werent able to go to the monster jam. I've heard, "Mom, are you outta your mind? Its just a drivers meeting!!!" So, I guess I'll make the trip to see the monster trucks and tell ya'll how fun it was.

Don, we will address I-stock compatabilty. I think it should be a go but I want to get the drivers input and double check that all will be competitive with each other. I think it would be an added bonus to get the

I-stocks included. If we get enough we'll just add the sanctioned class - 3 local, 3 sanctioned, TOMS, mini's maybe ? (need some feedback on this), and the hot dwarfs that were here. I will call you this evening and give you an update. Sorry about the e-mail, address is the old sbcglobal. I have to update to the NEW and IMPROVED yaHOOOOOO. yiPEEEEEE. anyway.......and it looks like the name will change as well. Apparently there's another chico cox out there......I thought they would have been smart enough to throw that mold away. Thanks for the input and I will keep you posted.