Listener emailed me and asked if I would post it here

Dawn

For all you who think that them building homes around the Toyota plant will last. Once word gets out about the horrible smell that lingers in the early morning air, you wont be able to give your house away.... Go ahead and buy up all the land you want.... Oh and as far as the A&M campus goes. :D

Thank you Mrs. Lilanne(sp?) for all the great years of racing. Thank you TD and Tammy for several good years of racing... Time to look for a place to build SAS II... Know several people who are talking to investers at the moment...

If Americans bought American, there would be no Toyota plant. The men and women working at Toyota could be working at Ford, Chevrolet or Dodge. This is my opinion!

Bobby Jack

Proud owner of 2 Ford trucks to haul our 2 GM racecars all built in America with mostly? American parts.

I'll stand by my prediction that 10 years from now there will be nothing built on the SAS property. Thirty years ago PAS closed up...still waiting to see houses cover it up. Longhorn has been idle for a long time...no HEB or Wallymart, just weeds. GoogleEarth shows how small that property is. It will be the most expensive property for miles around. As the most expensive it will be the last to sell. HEB & Wally wont wait that long to buy (actually they dont buy,they just lease) JMO

I tell everybody all the time that if you want an american built truck buy a toyota. Both Ford and General Motors have been either assembling and/or manufacturing in Canada and Mexico since the 60's for sure and probably longer.

Edited by NickHolt

All you people bitching about G.M. being built outside the good ole USA, well my brother builds trucks for GM. When did Shreveport, Louisiana and Dallas, Texas get moved out of the USA. These plants build the Colorado, H3, Tahao, Suburbans and Silverado. If my geographical map is correct these are built in the good ole USA.

Good point Soaker.

The majority of GM is built outside the USA.

Look into "why" it makes good financial sense for Toyota to assemble cars in the US at a time more and more of the US cars assembly is being moved to other countries.

Find out the answer to "Why does it benefit Toyota but not Ford/Chevrolet/Chrysler?"

Jay

The Japanese have always assembled there trucks here. They were shipped without beds to cut down the "duty cost" then assembled in California where they became a "TRUCK"...

Don't forget GM/Holden builds in Austrialia...

Dodge builds in Mexico with there weak @$$ paint jobs... Next time you get a chance look at a Black Dodge Truck...

Thought this would be enlightening to some:

"What is an American Car" (from Consumer Reports, April 2007)

You might expect that a vehicle that says "Ford" on the hood would be made in the US. But if that Ford were a Fusion, you would be wrong. It is built in Ford's Factory in Hermosillo, Mexico.

Ford isn't the only one. Only 35 percent of the parts in the Chrysler PT Cruiser, built in Mexico, come from the US.

The headquarters of Daimler-Chrysler is in Germany. Transoceanic tie-ups are more the norm than the exception. Nissan is controlled by the French company Renault. Volvo, Jaguar and Land Rover are owned by Ford, though at least the cars are still made in the countries where their nameplates were first stamped.

General Motors owns part of Suzuki and all that remains of the Korean automaker Daewoo. The Chevrolet Aveo is imported from South Korea, and only 4 percent of its parts come from the US.

BMW, Honda, Hyundai, Mercedes-Benz, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru and Toyota all build vehicles in the US. Combined, they produce more than a third as many vehicles in the US as do the Big Three. Many of the parts for these vehicles still come from overseas.

By law, every new vehicle sold in the US has to have a window sticker that states what percent of its components are domestically produced. Parts made by suppliers account for about 70 percent of the cost of a vehicle, says James Rubenstein, an automative analyst at Miama University in Oxford, Ohio. As much as 80 percent of the US built Toyota Camry comes from the US. That compares with only 30 percent of the parts of the "American" Ford Fusion. Still, across their lineups, Rubenstein says, American companies build a lot more of their cars and parts Domestically.

"Import" Cars built in the US:

Acura TL

BMW X5

Honda Accord

Honda Civic

Honda CR-V

Honda Odyssey

Hyndai Sonata

Infiniti QX56

Mazda 6

Mazda Tribute

Mercedes M-Class

Mercedes R-Class

Mitsubishi Galant

Nissan Altima

Nissan Maxima

Nissan Pathfinder

Nissan Titan

Saab 9-7X

Suburu Legacy

Toyota Camry

Toyota Sienna

Toyota Tundra

Cars built in Canada and sold in the US:

US MAKES

Buick LaCrosse

Chevrolet Impala

Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Chevrolet Silverado

Chrysler 300

Chrysler minivans

Dodge Charger

Ford Crown Victoria

GMC Sierra

Pontic Grand Prix

IMPORTS

Acura MDX

Honda Civic

Honda Pilot

Honda Ridgeline

Lexus RX350

Toyota Matrix

Toyota Corolla

Cars built in Mexico and sold in the US:

US MAKES

Buick Rendezvous

Caddilac Excalade ESV & EXT

Chevrolet Avalanche

Chevrolet HHR

Chevrolet Silverado

Chevrolet Suburban

Chrysler PT Cruiser

Dodge Ram

Ford F-Series

Ford Fusion

Lincoln MKZ

Mercury Milan

IMPORTS

Honda Accord

Nissan Sentra

Nissan Versa

Toyota Tacoma

Volkswagen Jetta

Volkswagen New Beetle

"US" Cars built in South Korea and sold in the US:

Chevrolet Aveo

If Americans bought American, there would be no Toyota plant. The men and women working at Toyota could be working at Ford, Chevrolet or Dodge. This is my opinion!

Bobby Jack

Proud owner of 2 Ford trucks to haul our 2 GM racecars all built in America with mostly? American parts.

AMEN!