USRA trucks /mods racing

lee07

MAYBE, It was the fact that they told us in the drver's meeting, that they wanted owner' and driver's "ONLY"come to a meeting on wendsday night.......ya think! I'm sure he need's it more than I do! :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by GUNDOG33

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to delete both my posts. What we need now is not someone stirring the pot. We need to modify our cars to meet what ever rules are adopted by the 4 remaining tracks and go racing. The status of racing in S. TX will not be helped by cars sitting in garages.

Edited by hray

amen brother rusty, preach it brother.........a lot of truth in his post........may be harsh and may strike a nerve to some, but it nothing short of true........we need to check the egos at the door and do what you need to do to make your car comply with the tracks we have left, or park them.......

Nick, you asked - I'm done.

Yep, I did and you answered.

I guess I thought you were saying that TD knew well in advance and should not have collected registration fees. I had no idea that there was a $50 fee imposed on a particular truck - I thought you were referring to registration fees in general. My bad.

I can tell you, though, that TD didn't decide to end his track management agreement with Ted Carlson until the Friday or Saturday before the Wednesday meeting. Deb, Rick and Terry have all told me that at one time or another. I personally did not know about it until Rick told me while I was teching the cars after the race on Saturday - the Saturday before the Wednesday meeting.

You can edit this whole damn post if you like,

There are many posts on TXSZ that I personally disagree with. But that does not mean that I edit or remove them. I edit and remove bashes, crude language and the like. Oh, and I remove classifieds that are over 3 months old. You came pretty close to bashing, I must admit, but the post will stand as written.

Have there ever been posts removed by past site owners? Yes. And I usually threw a pretty big hissy fit over it. I probably should have been fired over it, but I guess finding another idiot to work on this site 35-40 hours a week for zero pay might be a bit difficult.

Have other moderators removed posts? Yes, and I threw fits then too. Ask Deb. We had a pretty good size fight over a thread she removed against my wishes.

Nick

By doing this you can run what ever tire your budget will allow. Some people were complaining of the rise in price of the Hoosier's. I run the Pro-4 Taco Casa car. I will be changing tire's also because of the price of Hoosier's. I've run both the Hoosier's and Goodyear's. There is not enough difference in the tire's to warrant the extra money for Hoosier's.

The Hoosiers only went up $2 and it's still the stickiest. Can't believe you guys are willing to go to a tire that will require a rearend ratio change (Goodyears and AR's have a much smaller rollout) for $2. BTW, we buy Goodyears for the HMP races and they are within $3 of the Hoosiers. Last I checked AR's were in the same price range. The Hoosier F53 is $113 and the 970 is $111.

Please don't make it sound like Hoosier is gouging everyone. It's still the best of the 3 so if you don't want to pay $3 for the best, you might want to reevaluate why you are racing. I always thought it was to win!

You might want to check out Jerry Spencer's research for THR on the subject. After exhaustive research on what tire to go with for THR and TSRS, they went with Hoosier.

The track is allowing the racer's to run what ever tire they want to. If the racer's want to stay with Hoosier's then they can, it's entirely up to them on what they want to run. I hate being told what I have to run when there are so many options out there. There is a big difference on the 13 inch tires that the Pro 4's run. Goodyears are 85.00 and the Hoosiers are 105.00. I've run atleast 5 sets of each and there is not alot of difference in the two. I personally agree that Hoosier's stick better, but they absolutely do not last as long.

Rusty,

Yes, I did know about the closure before it was announced on Wednesday night. In my position, I would have hoped that my boss would have shared that information before announcing it to the drivers and distributing a press release.

I first heard about the final decision on Saturday morning on my way to the track. And, yes, maybe we should have considered waiving the entry fee for the trucks. I'm not sure what we would have given for an explanation at the time. But to be honest, I was still in an awestruck, emotional state the entire day - not sure that I could have helped make any logical, unemotional decisions at the time.

Could I have shared the information I knew at the time? Absolutely not! I've held several positions in my "pre-SAS/USRA" career that required confidentiality, and I've proven that I can be trusted. And I'm proud to say that I maintained that trust in my current position, even when it involved my own family members who raced with SAS and USRA.

I agree with Nick. Although either one of us could remove your post, you do have a right to your opinion - even though I do not agree with you on several of the points you mentioned.

Landlord,

Although we've mentioned it before, we did work with THR, HMP and CCS in the off-season. Rick and I personally visited each track. Ask any of them for verification . . . we have nothing to hide. Yes, we were disappointed that we could make it all work for the benefit of the drivers, but we did try.

landlord,

We were trying to figure out a way to work things out with HMP. I think the big issue was the type of tires, and contract obligations were a factor on both sides. We never went into the negotiations demanding that HMP make changes to meet our needs. If I'm not mistaken, several conversations took place after the meeting on the phone between Randy (HMP Technical Director) and Rick in an attempt to reach a compromise. Rick can tell you more if you want to discuss it with him. He still has his SAS cell phone number - 210-827-4524.

I need mine too I only had $27.50 in my account on Monday. Pay day is Friday!! Help me USRA help me!

Cameron Moore Jr.

12710 Darryl Dr

Buda, TX 78610

PS you can send Rusty's in care of me to save money on stamps! I'll get it to him. I promise

Edited by Truck38

I just saw the next event at THR on speed zone,and there is no Trucks now.I know they said they will sit down and figure out something.

I was wondering if it is possible for TSRS to saction the trucks and mods?

Which schedule are you referring to? The schedule on the Thunderhill website still has us on there. I looked on here, but may have missed it.

Hey I can use a tank of GAS.. And my 50 back would be great... LoL Can you throw in my 10 for the pick the winner contest winnings as well from last year that I aint received yet... LOL

Randy Brehm

13787 Macdona-LaCoste Rd #14

Atascosa TX 78002

What kind of ride do you drive?It's costing me close to a Ben Franklin to fill my truck up these days!!!!The petroleum companies are the real cons!!!! :lol::o:P:D:(:(:(:(:(:(

What kind of ride do you drive?It's costing me close to a Ben Franklin to fill my truck up these days!!!!The petroleum companies are the real cons!!!!

Little olds Alero... hehehe 4 bangers are great.... I know oldtimer will love that one...hehehehe Especially concidering I have about a 40 mile drive 1 way to work each day.... Damn I need to move back into civilization again... LoL :) :)

I just saw the next event at THR on speed zone,and there is no Trucks now.I know they said they will sit down and figure out something.

I was wondering if it is possible for TSRS to saction the trucks and mods?

Which schedule are you referring to? The schedule on the Thunderhill website still has us on there. I looked on here, but may have missed it.

On the main page, there's a banner to the right of the news stories titled "Upcoming events." It lists the upcoming race at THR on the 28th there along with the classes racing that night. The trucks are not shown on that list. The last time I looked, they were still shown on the THR website schedule. Who knows which one is correct? I sure hope we get to see the trucks on the 28th. Give Mary Ann a call. She'll tell you for sure.

I try to keep the TXSZ front page listing as current as possible and since the USRA is no longer in existance, I deleted them from the list of classes scheduled to appear at THR on April 28.

However, if and when I get official word that there is another class running at THR on that date, I will add it - just as I did for the TPS cars that have now been added on that same date.

This brings up another point. I have to beg, borrow and steal to keep that listing of upcoming events current. Maybe one day promoters (there are a couple of notable exceptions) willrealize that free advertising on TXSZ about their events is something they should take advantage of....

Thanks for reading.

Nick

I try to keep the TXSZ front page listing as current as possible and since the USRA is no longer in existance, I deleted them from the list of classes scheduled to appear at THR on April 28.

However, if and when I get official word that there is another class running at THR on that date, I will add it - just as I did for the TPS cars that have now been added on that same date.

This brings up another point. I have to beg, borrow and steal to keep that listing of upcoming events current. Maybe one day promoters (there are a couple of notable exceptions) willrealize that free advertising on TXSZ about their events is something they should take advantage of....

Thanks for reading.

Nick

Thats a very good point Nick,promoters should appreciate the free plug, i have a feeling that in the near future,they will be a little more appreciative of your efforts.....

I'm referring to the post above where Debwill states contracts with tire suppliers stood in the way of tracks making progress toward better cooperation/coordination. She makes my point for me. Why the hell would a track sign an exclusive contract with a certain supplier in the first place? Seems to me this is a picture perfect case of the tail wagging the dog.