SAS Road Runners and THR Hobbies

abrungot

I THINK IF THR WILL ALLOW THE SAS RR'S TO RUN AS A SEPARATE CLASS IT WOULD BENEFIT US MORE. ONE MORE CLASS FOR THEM TO RUN AND WE WOULD NOT HAVE TO GO THRU TO MUCH EXPENSE TO GET OUR CARS EVEN WITH THE THR CARS. THERE WOULD BE NO "ADVANTAGE" BY ANYONE ON THE RULES.

LEAVE THE SAS RR'S ALONE (RULE WISE) AND LET US RUN OUR OWN CLASS JUST FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE SEASON. MARY ANN AND THE FOLKS AT THR ARE A GREAT BUNCH. I HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE WITH MARY ANN AND THE TSRS SERIES IN THE INAUGURAL YEAR. IF WE CAN DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS, I WILL DEFINATELY RUN AT THR. WE HAVE A GREAT BUNCH OF FOLKS IN OUR CLASS, I KNOW WE ALL WANT TO RACE. SO LET'S SEE HOW IT GOES. THANX LENNY66 :ph34r:

I agree, if we can run as is, THR here we come... :) :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does not make any sense to run as a seperate class.Have a practice session with both SAS and THR

cars and see how close they are by lap times.Get someone that is unbiased to run one of each of the cars

for a true test.With a weight break or % adjustment all you would need to change are the gears.JMO

I dont know what SA rules were but the cars always seemed pretty competitive with the THR cars exept the car that won the Octoberfast last year , he needs to run with the super stocks . I agree they need to run them together however they work it out ,weight breaks or penalties to even the field cost nothing and everyone should be happy. NO HYBRIDS will be the main thing . JMO

Edited by ACE44

Yeah for Octoberfast the cars would be pretty even.... I dont see anything wrong if those rules were to be used for this season and further on... :) I agree though no HYBRIDS!!!! As for the winner of octoberfast, he always has a fast car, infact won the last ever RR race at SAS...

As a third party "outsider" here, there's one thing I keep seeing on these threads that just don't seem quite right. I keep seeing you former SAS guys get on here saying THR needs to do "THIS", or THR needs to do "THAT" ............... "in order for us to run there."

Remember this................... THR doesn't HAVE to do ANYTHING!

Just appreciate whatever concessions they do make for you guys!

You're absolutely right Mickey. As a race fan, I would much prefer enjoying a evening of racing with only 2 or 3 classes with 25+ cars per class than watching 9 or even 10 classes with 8 or 9 cars per class. Only when a track can put a class on the track with a full field is it putting on a quality show for the fans.

I haven't seen that on a consistant basis in many, many years. (except for Romco)

both of ya'll are right.........who in their right mind is going to demand rules changes to accomidate their cars.......it is the other way around........thr's rules were out before the season started, and people are always complaining about rules being changed after the season starts, so why should they have to.......sure it will be nice on thier part to do so, but it is their play ground so in order to play in it it would only make sense to follow their rules........sure it will suck having to change you car to play there, but it sure beats seeing it sitting in the shop on stands...........jmo

I dont think we are saying they need to change their rules to accomidate us, I believe we are just saying some things will have to be amended for our cars to run up there.... For instance the 108's and the interior panel issues... There are alot of SA cars that cant be stretched or panels added back in.. Hense if no amendments then they cant go up there... My position on it is, if they change or ammend to allow that type of car then great, thats were we are going, but if not, then there is another playground out there... I would prefer to be able to run at THR though...

I just read over the THR Hobby and SAS Road Runners rules and they are both 3400 # cars , so who cares what panels have been removed weight is weight you can only run 55% left side and 49 % rear weight,so thats not a issue .The next thing that keeps coming up is 108" vs 112" again if you want to run a 108" metric car ,GOOD LUCK , the front end has to remain stock and you cant have a panhard bar , therfor I dont see a issue hear either. Let former SAS cars run their rules and THR run theirs , not mix mathing in any way and there you have it .

I just read over the THR Hobby and SAS Road Runners rules and they are both 3400 # cars , so who cares what panels have been removed weight is weight you can only run 55% left side and 49 % rear weight,so thats not a issue .The next thing that keeps coming up is 108" vs 112" again if you want to run a 108" metric car ,GOOD LUCK , the front end has to remain stock and you cant have a panhard bar , therfor I dont see a issue hear either. Let former SAS cars run their rules and THR run theirs , not mix mathing in any way and there you have it .

I like your thoughts, becuase it was what I always said all along!!!!! :) :)

I dont think we are saying they need to change their rules to accomidate us, I believe we are just saying some things will have to be amended for our cars to run up there.... For instance the 108's and the interior panel issues... There are alot of SA cars that cant be stretched or panels added back in.. Hense if no amendments then they cant go up there... My position on it is, if they change or ammend to allow that type of car then great, thats were we are going, but if not, then there is another playground out there... I would prefer to be able to run at THR though...

I like it also

Looking at the rules, I think you guys would be able to run with the HMP Stock Cars, formerly called Hobby Stock. I think if you ran your rules and not mixed them, it might work. We race on April 21st, call the track and see what they say. I would like to see you guys come try our track, awsome facility, it is a bit of a drive, but it is a place to race.

... awsome facility, it is a bit of a drive, but it is a place to race.

It's a very nice place to race. We enjoyed our trip out there last year. Speaking of that, have you heard any rumblings of the street stocks being invited out there again this year?

Having gutted interior panels is no advantage over stock interior. 3400lbs is 3400lbs. Yeah I know you can put that saved weight somewhere else but you have to have your left to right and your front to rear weight within the rules. Let the SAS cars race at THR with there rules for the 07 season. Give them a few races to use up there tires and let them go to hoosiers. NO HYBRIDS. There are advantages and disadvantages between both classes. EXAMPLE: 350 carb vs 500 carb. Performer intake vs stock iron intake. I hope it works out and everyone has a good time racing at THR this year.

a car that has been thoroughly gutted can hit percentages that an ungutted car could only dream of.

i say the more cars the better.......but you might as well give the option of gutting to the THR guys ,i would want a gutted car , after the 3rd or fourth race the paint won't matter anyway , but running 4th in comparison to 1st will. jmo

Having gutted interior panels is no advantage over stock interior. 3400lbs is 3400lbs. Yeah I know you can put that saved weight somewhere else but you have to have your left to right and your front to rear weight within the rules.

Center of gravity height.

Center of gravity height.

There's one in every room. Damn High School Grads.......

On edit: This coming from someone that can't even get the quote thingy ma bobber right........

Post Script,

Don't sick the San Marcos Law Dogs on me while coming back to SAS (San Antonio Shop). Limo Class ring a bell????

Edited by bigfat