What do you think of this

pbracing

Though Spotter was speaking up in defense of others (whether he took something wrong or not) he is Not representing a track or series. He was voicing his opinion...and you can't tell someone to Shut Up on here. I race at THR and am a TSRS Official. I may voice my opinion at times but I am not the Voice of THR or TSRS. I originally signed on here years ago to defend the upstart series I was working for because of the bashing it was getting on here. Since then this has become a much better site. As long as everyone follows the rules they can voice their opinion on this forum.

Though Spotter was speaking up in defense of others (whether he took something wrong or not) he is Not representing a track or series. He was voicing his opinion...and you can't tell someone to Shut Up on here. I race at THR and am a TSRS Official. I may voice my opinion at times but I am not the Voice of THR or TSRS. I originally signed on here years ago to defend the upstart series I was working for because of the bashing it was getting on here. Since then this has become a much better site. As long as everyone follows the rules they can voice their opinion on this forum.

I appreciate opinions good and bad ones... but at the bottom of Curtis ( spotter ) post, it stated TSRS/THR official... just posting what I seen ...I understand defense but it is telling the drivers who question the changes for this term of racing, they can stay home if they don't like something. If I were a driver or sponsor of a driver or the racetrack sponsor , I would question the validity of his statement.

When your defending others , then state your opinion and facts and just move on.. He told them to shut up,,, instead of posting his opinion.. He made a bold statement... Just my opinion..... ;)

Curtis is a lot like me in that he wears a lot of hats in and around racing, and one of those hats is that of a THR/TSRS Official.

Knowing Curtis, though, I didn't think he was voicing any opinion but his own in his recent post.

But I have to admit that it would be very easy for anyone to assume that he was talking for the track/series because of his signature block and the fact that he was seated up front at the "THR Management Table" during the recent meeting in Austin.

This "freedom of speech" debate has shown up on TXSZ several times over the years. While there are differing opinions on whether TXSZ "doesn't go far enough" or "goes too far," I think most of us understand what is, and what is not, acceptable on here.

Of course, there are always those pesky grey areas - and that's what's giving me all this grey hair. I'm way too young to have this much grey hair.

Nick

Curtis is a lot like me in that he wears a lot of hats in and around racing, and one of those hats is that of a THR/TSRS Official.

Knowing Curtis, though, I didn't think he was voicing any opinion but his own in his recent post.

But I have to admit that it would be very easy for anyone to assume that he was talking for the track/series because of his signature block and the fact that he was seated up front at the "THR Management Table" during the recent meeting in Austin.

This "freedom of speech" debate has shown up on TXSZ several times over the years. While there are differing opinions on whether TXSZ "doesn't go far enough" or "goes too far," I think most of us understand what is, and what is not, acceptable on here.

Of course, there are always those pesky grey areas - and that's what's giving me all this grey hair. I'm way too young to have this much grey hair.

Nick

Agreed Nick. As for your grey hair, I hope I have that little when I'm of your advanced age. :lol: Actually mine seems to be receding faster than its adding gray.

As to the freedom of speech issue, I just always find it ironic that the people who are usually trumpeting that right are doing it while they are telling somebody else what's wrong with something they said.

on edit-And that is not directed at anyone in particular, that is me recalling the dozens of discussions about it on this forum over the last several years.

Edited by Rookie49

If I can get a $100,000 dollars raised for the Randolph area Relay for Life I'll go ahead and shave it now. :D

There Nick, I kept it within the context of a racing discussion. ;):rolleyes:

Speaking of grey areas....

Nick

This is the one and only time that I am going to respond to anymore of this. First off, TXENERGY, you do not know the history of the other party I was talking to. Second, these forums are defintely not everyone's. Third, it may be possible that I misunderstood what Rockstan meant; in that case I apologize to Rockstan for misenterpreting what he had posted; problem was it could have been taken negatively or positively. Obviously, I took it as a negative post. Finally, if you have anything else to say to me, I suggest you pm me and I'll give you my cell phone number. The whole problem is that seven letter word OPINION!! How about, that if it will make everyone happier on here, I'll just stay home! The truth is, I'm getting real tired of the fact that there is 10X more complaining than there is racing. I can certainly benefit from losing a "hat" or two and focus on just the cars. As far as the signature block on my original post, all I was trying to say was I wasn't hiding behind a screen name: I DO NOT SPEAK FOR THE TRACK, I WAS ONLY SPEAKING FOR MYSELF

First off, TXENERGY, you do not know the history of the other party I was talking to. Third, it may be possible that I misunderstood what Rockstan meant; in that case I apologize to Rockstan for misenterpreting what he had posted; problem was it could have been taken negatively or positively. Obviously, I took it as a negative post

History? oh yea thats right "having an OPINION" you act like it is something new that an Eastty has voiced their opinion! how long have you been around racing? how long have you been " SUPPORTING LOCAL TEXAS RACING" now me personally it has been since 1995 that i have been racing but i have been at a track or 3 pretty much every weekend of every race year since i was a week old. i have raced at 6 asphalt tracks and 7 dirt tracks all over tx and in altus when i come home i would like to race many more since i will have the funds to do so. the point is is that my family has oh somewhere over 35 years of "supporting texas racing" or "history" my dad would race longhorn friday sas saturday and altus sunday he was part of the founding group for texas all pro, cara and the aqua fest races both in town and at longhorn. hell he had back surgery and was at the track that same night....... kind of sounds like support to me or is it history that it sounds like, he was an official before you probably new what racing was..........then we were black balled and labled as trouble makers.......... kind of leaves a bad taste in your mouth. i have been bulding cars since 97 and my cars have won track championships and track records and have also been ridiculed for cheating(that hole labeling thing again) but yet no one has ever been able to find anything illegal until marc curry had terry james "fix" the old nova that i revamped and that is the only thing that has ever been found on any of my cars "so much for the cheating aspect" when i come back home i will resume my car building and take it a step or 3 further it is just something that " I LOVE TO DO" race cars and build cars so yeah your right ,i ,we do have history or better yet "a history" in local texas racing so there ya go now everyone knows my , our, history in a nutshell

H.A.N.D.

but yet no one has ever been able to find anything illegal until marc curry had terry james "fix" the old nova that i revamped and that is the only thing that has ever been found on any of my cars "so much for the cheating aspect"

H.A.N.D.

uh...what?

F.O.O.T.

-where has this thread gone?

I agree,where is this going,we are suppose to discuss helping Texas oval tracks,not how many hats you can put under your name to impress someone,none of that impresses me,honest input to help oval racing does,so back to the original heading in the thread and lets work together on solutions. Opinions are good as long as they pertain to the content,But to just "stay home",only hurts the solution,so that sort of input just slows the process. If and when a solution is made,the negativity of others will not fit in the future of racing.JMO....

sorry sp meant to be more specific on that marc had terry relocate the upper control arm tower and took it to the track and never painted the welds jack raised the hood saw the welds and said you are dq'ed relocation of upper control arm tower and naturally it was something i did he had fixed and it was dubbed my fault that he didnt paint the welds didnt mean that to sound as a bash or anything have nothing bad to say about terry he told me where to look for stevens steering wheel when he could have just hung up on me

H.A.N.D.

DONT WORRY TX NONE OF THAT WAS TO IMPRESS YOU sorry didnt mean to make you get on yourself there

I agree,where is this going,we are suppose to discuss helping Texas oval tracks,not how many hats you can put under your name to impress someone,none of that impresses me,honest input to help oval racing does,so back to the original heading in the thread and lets work together on solutions. Opinions are good as long as they pertain to the content,But to just "stay home",only hurts the solution,so that sort of input just slows the process. If and when a solution is made,the negativity of others will not fit in the future of racing.JMO....

I dont' know who you are and I really don't care. One things for sure, I certainly ain't trying to impress anyone. For those that know me, they know all about my support and dedication to the local tracks here. Hey carzyhorse, thanks for noticing that this thread was getting further and further away. By the way, what are you guys running this year? pm me

sorry sp meant to be more specific on that marc had terry relocate the upper control arm tower and took it to the track and never painted the welds jack raised the hood saw the welds and said you are dq'ed relocation of upper control arm tower and naturally it was something i did he had fixed and it was dubbed my fault that he didnt paint the welds didnt mean that to sound as a bash or anything have nothing bad to say about terry he told me where to look for stevens steering wheel when he could have just hung up on me

H.A.N.D.

DONT WORRY TX NONE OF THAT WAS TO IMPRESS YOU sorry didnt mean to make you get on yourself there

No need to apologize to me,i really wasnt even mentioning you in my post,you seem to think everyone is talking bout you,sorry,I WASNT....i was talking bout the thread,and in looking at your post it didnt cross my mind about any illegality on your part,i actually understood what you were saying. I stated honest input was what we needed and as far as i see,you have been doing that,again I never posted anything to the contrary, and i by no means need to get on myself...for anything.

Edited by txenergyman