Live Race Coverage from Houston Motorsports Park, 3/15/08

NickHolt

nick,,,,,,,,,instigating?

Kinda. LOL..

Both these guys went to the Houston suspension seminar and they are good friends and help each other out with their racing programs.

But thanks for pointing out my blatant violation of the Texas Speed Zone guidelines, Shawn. I was hoping I could slip one by ya... but I should have known better. I'll try to do better in the future.

Nick

The late model race was pretty ugly. Hadn't been to HMP in a couple years it was great to see the big crowd and nice car counts. Think a little more black flag would help the lm class, too many tore up cars. I understand at times you don't see a wreck but there were quite a few calls missed. Also not sure why cars caused wrecks and then were rewarded their spots back. Hopefully things get worked out there pretty quick.

Nick, me and james talked. I pulled up high, he lost the back end going into 1, and slid up into me. I didn't know if I came down on him or he slid up into me. After looking at the video, I was relieved, it wasn't my fault. It was a little disapointing, that car looked so good. Anyways, hope your wife gets better, thatnks for supporting HMP. See ya next time you come to Houston.

Arthur

Nick, me and james talked. I pulled up high, he lost the back end going into 1, and slid up into me. I didn't know if I came down on him or he slid up into me. After looking at the video, I was relieved, it wasn't my fault. It was a little disapointing, that car looked so good. Anyways, hope your wife gets better, thatnks for supporting HMP. See ya next time you come to Houston.

Arthur

Id sure like to see that video.

That video should be up tomorrow. I am working on the in car and qualifying right now. good race Ty, your screw up gave me second, I wouldn't have been able to get by you if you didn't mess up. I lost brakes early on, the red flag helped me out there, but that problem will be fixed before the next race, as well as my engine problems.

How come the 33 wasn't there?

That video should be up tomorrow. I am working on the in car and qualifying right now. good race Ty, your screw up gave me second, I wouldn't have been able to get by you if you didn't mess up. I lost brakes early on, the red flag helped me out there, but that problem will be fixed before the next race, as well as my engine problems.

Your screw up gave me second, my screw up gave you second lost my brakes and overdrove it into 3 but hay thats racing and it was fun now if i could just find a new fender. You know got the best of this deal, Del he didnt even get a scratch:) P.S. that impound stuff sucks.

The late model race was pretty ugly. Hadn't been to HMP in a couple years it was great to see the big crowd and nice car counts. Think a little more black flag would help the lm class, too many tore up cars. I understand at times you don't see a wreck but there were quite a few calls missed. Also not sure why cars caused wrecks and then were rewarded their spots back. Hopefully things get worked out there pretty quick.

well the wrecked cars you see alot of at Houston because of NO BLACK FLAGS ..I agree they really did miss alot ...aand I wonder why HMP dont go by the same rules as all the other tracks you would think that would help the car count?

..aand I wonder why HMP dont go by the same rules as all the other tracks you would think that would help the car count?

There has never been greater cooperation and good will among the paved tracks in Texas, but the goal of achieving common rules - although a most worthy goal - is very difficult to accomplish. Any time you change a rule, someone has to spend money to get back into compliance. And no promoter in his/her right mind is going to risk loosing their already slim car count by mandating major changes unless absolutely necessary.

That being said, I know that the tracks are talking about more and more cooperation. And this means that if rules are tweaked here and there, it will be with the other tracks in mind. So instead of getting further and further apart, I believe the tracks will be getting closer and closer as time passes.

A few years back, I thought we had a pretty good shot at getting common Late Model rules through the efforts of TTOPA, but for reasons best left unsaid it didn't work out.

Nick

Well, lets see here. We changed our rules in the stock cars for this race only, to try and make the Thunderstocks competive. We added 100 lbs and told them they could drop 100, making us even in weight. Not one car came. Very few people can afford to travel that far to race a local class. If they can afford to come over, they are racing a higher class. This subject has been discussed over and over and people get their feelings hurt over it because everyone starts crying. Biggest thing is, HMP is a Crate Motor track and thunder hill is not. If the Thunderstocks were allowed a little more with their chassis, they will run right with us, but they are not going to change, why should they, we have only had a couple cars come over there. And vise versa. The change is going to cost one or the other a lot of money.

I accept the fact that HMP is pretty much a crate motor track and that THR is not. And I also am aware that most teams that choose to run in the more stock divisions do so at least partly for economic reasons.

But let's look at the LM division for a second. There is no "black and white" reason why the TSRS cars and the ASA Pro Late Models could not be made compatible performance-wise - even with the different engine rules.

Back in the old days, (I know, I know - old school crap and all that) TIDA had V-6s, three different configurations of V-8s including 9-1s and high-compression engines competing equally with each other. Over the years Neil and his advisors made adjustments to the weight rules and you could not predict which engine configuration would win any given race. Of course, the cream always rises to the top, but even among the top teams with unlimited resources there were different engine configurations chosen for a wide variety or reasons.

A similar set of weight rules could be (and should be) developed and schedules coordinated so that the TSRS cars and the Pro Late Model cars are not runing the same night at different tracks. The cars are already built and Houston and Kyle are not all that far apart geographically. I see no insurmountable roadblocks to prevent 40, or more, LMs showing up for any given TSRS or Pro LM event in Texas.

Nick

Guest HUFF MOTORSPORTS

Nick,

I would like to thank you for what you do.

So glad you can type fast. :)

It was me and Deed that wrecked tho

not Daniel.

Even tho some cars got wrecked, it was a good

race saturday night.

Deed felt really bad for me,I felt the same for him

but it was just a racing incident.

We get the cars fixed and go back for some more

action.

Also i would like to thank all the Pro Stock Cars for a job well done.

And to all the new cars and drivers that joined in welcome aboard

you did GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!

Janette

Sorry for the boo boo.

I feel like a court reporter up there trying to keep up with everything that's going on as it happens.

I'll have a sentence half typed and someone wrecks... or the wireless connection drops the call... or... well, you get the idea.

Nick

welcome back to hmp ssdd