It's been almost a year . . . how it looks today

debwill

The hidden beauty of this fiasco, I guess, is that the SAS landowner's family probably won't get the $10M they're wanting for the land, if it can't be used for commerical development. I highly doubt that anyone would pay that much for agricultural land.

Also, I didn't really know about the buffer zone deal. It's no wonder that SAS was literally shoved out by the city. It certainly didn't fit the farmland image. I feel better now about the decision to close SAS. I think things would have gotten much nastier with the city if we had hung on longer.

Rodney,

The cleared land and the billboard picture are across the road (Watson Road) that's behind Turns 1 & 2 (got it right this time!) LOL

Mark,

I didn't get pictures of the "donuts," but I saw the after effects. It would be hard to do those donuts now, with all of the tall weeds growing in the parking lot area.

Deb,

You are right though, the stands still look good, other than the weeds and how sad that makes it look, it may not be that bad. but I know it doesn't matter but it is fun to think and have a faint hope that she could open back up.

Maybe the property owner will wind up "stuck" with it, let's just enjoy the memories and see what happens; Lenny is right, a farewell party would be fun!!

Pardon me for saying so, but all these local government zoning matters referred to on here just absolutely stinks to high heaven. Reading it brings on visions of back room deals and under the table inducements, with big stakes for the "players". Its just a damn shame the racing community of this region is one of its victims.

only 40 but ive seen my share of racetracks go the wayside of "progress"

i too have many memories of her

but rather then harp on that i gotta say WAY TO GO thunderhill raceway and its staff for the ez transition albeit 60 further miles away.

im really lookin forward to the season lidlifter :-)

I didn't have my keys with me since I hadn't really planned to visit SAS that day. I guess I'll have to give them a try sometime soon.

alttuede,

I, too, have moved on to THR. But I do have lots of great memories from SAS.

I didn't have my keys with me since I hadn't really planned to visit SAS that day. I guess I'll have to give them a try sometime soon.

alttuede,

I, too, have moved on to THR. But I do have lots of great memories from SAS.

i know ya do ...you were there at least every night i was ... i guess it s starting to sink in that its over for SAS .

you were at the flagstand one night and i was about 3 sheets to the wind , i coulda swore they were askin from upstairs "whos that drunk dude" , and i remember you saying hes alright ...whether that was the conversation or not we may never know ,but mostly just wanted to let everyone know how excited we are for the opener in Kyle

• 3 weeks later...