BUDMAN

Here is where the problem started ................ the utility pole out in front of my house, one pole downstream from my lead-in pole. Let this be a warning to all of you. That lightning strike 3 1/2 weeks ago has had us chasin' system gremlins ever since. It took half the top 18 inches off the pole, and sent the surge back down the line to my pole and to my house drop. Fortunately there is a breaker on my pole to protect the PEC's transformer ...................... and my house, but some of the surge got through before it tripped. It took out my computer's internet card, their modum, the power box on my satelite dish and one of my garage door openers and YES, I have a surge protector. I guess next time a thunderstorm comes up, I'll heed their advice and unplug my computer. I suggest you do the same. :)

post-1274-1208831167_thumb.jpg

Buddy,

I forgot to tell you the other night when I saw you at the races that back in 04 when a tree next to my house got hit and took out pretty much the same things that it got in yours, that I too have surge protectors on every outlet in my house. One of the repairmen that came in to help me get my place all back in order told me that those surge protectors will never protect you from a lightning strike. They are great for power surges for the hi lines but not the voltage from a lightning strike. Said the only safe method during a lightning storm is to unplug the power from the source and lay the wire away from the outlet as the surge will arc to other electrical conductor materials. The other protector is to install lightning rods on the highest peaks of your roof and run copper wire down to the copper grounds that should be at least 18 inches unto the ground. Face it Bud, when Mother Nature flexes her muscle she FLEXES her muscle. Remember that

big rock in your creek last year? Did you ever find it? Try looking somewhere way way downstream. :lol::lol:

When I saw Buddy he was sitting there with a big smile on his face....didn't know about the lady :D

Fast18, He never let me forget that all night long. Honestly, she came in and sat down there in front of me and I had been there probably at least a half hour already. I had an opportunity to move to another area by another friend but I was kind of obligated to remain where I was because I had told someone else where I was and was awaiting them to return some property to me.

Actually I think what happened was that Buddy got this gal to come sit in front of me just so he could pick on me all night. Then again it could have been Shaun that did it too.

Next week Buddy, look in the stands to the left up on top as I will try to get those seats like we always did before.

I don't think that gal will be back next week anyhow because I suspect she may not even remember being there.

:blink::blink::lol:

I am sure that if they went in the wrong direction that with the number of lawmen outside the gate

Saturday night they could well have spent the night down at the cement motel at the Hays Co Jail.

:D