txtom - Birthday Boy - the big 50 May 9th!

NickHolt

How the hell he became such a fountain of knowledge and history in only 50 years, I'll never know. Happy Birthday Mr. Taylor.

WELL MAYBE HE READS ALL OUR JUNK ON HERE .PICKS UP A THING OR TWO ..AND HE HAS OLD MAN NICK AND YOUNG MAN BUD TO LEARN FROM ..

Thanks for all the replies; although I am wondering who spilled the beans.

I got paid back last night for some of my past transgressions; but it was fun.

Edited by txtom

Thanks for all the replies; although I am wondering who spilled the beans.

I got paid back last night for some of my past transgressions; but it was fun.

YOU KNOW I HAVE TO KINDA SORT OF WONDER IF BIGFAT AND DANO .

PUT THIER HEADS TOGETHER TO COME UP WITH WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST PAYBACK FOR SOME OF YOUR PAST TRANSGRESSIONS ............ GO MEET OLDTIMER ....THAT SHOULD DO IT .... ;) IT WAS A PLEASURE MEETING YOU AND DANO ..SORRY WE DIDNT HAVE MORE TIME TO RUMBLE ON ..

How the hell he became such a fountain of knowledge and history in only 50 years, I'll never know. Happy Birthday Mr. Taylor.

Tom "stops by" racing shops all over Texas and beyond or a regular basis. And he stops by just about everyone's pits on race day. And after the races he checks up on everyone in sight. And looks up a few of us who aren't so easy to find. And he's been doing this for at least 30 years.

Tom is one of those gracious guys who think more about others than they do about themselves. When he stops by to chat, you just know he's really interested in what you're up to and and what you have to say. And to prove it he doesn't forget much of what the heck you told him. As a result, he knows more about Texas racing - and racing in the Southeast for that matter - than anyone I know.

After the races on Saturday Tom and I talked for a good 45 minutes catching up and swapping war stories. I wish I had Tom's permission to pass on some of the tales he's shared with me over the years, but we have this thing called "you don't tell - I don't tell" going on for many years - what we hear from each other goes no further..

Nick

The real thank you goes to Mrs. Taylor. With her support Tom is able to tell most of his stories and personal expierences, and there's a bunch of 'em!

Happy B-day Tom,

many-many more to come.

Mel

And Thank you Mrs. Txtom.

Thanks to all.

Post the pictures of your presents!

I will be posting some pics as soon as I get them. I will gladly be placing blame where appropriate.

The real thank you goes to Mrs. Taylor. With her support Tom is able to tell most of his stories and personal expierences, and there's a bunch of 'em!

I think her support is driven more by "at least he's out of my hair"

Tommy, that was indeed me knocking over Glen's tree. I went to the Hospital on Ben White that morning to see my brother who had some surgery done, and I stopped by and visited with the Smiths on my way home.

As for Saturday night, the previously mentioned Wife got me out of her hair by sending to up to watch at Kyle, so she could clean up the leftovers from the Friday night txtom Roasting.

Got to spend some time with Oldtimer, Ben "Outlaw I" & Rodney "Outlaw II" Rodriguez, Marc Madison, Rick Wycough, Dano SR & JR, Budman, Larry Bendele, The Stapps, Junior Medlock and Crazy Horse, The Umscheids, Aaron Brungot, Rick Day, Debbie "I owe you one for that pic" Williams, Maryann, Nick, and a whole bunch of others.

I JUST HOPE HE FORGOT WHAT I SAID ABOULT NIC..LOL..

Naw, I did not forget; now I got one in the bank...............

Now it is time to start planning my retaliatory strike against a certain few Friday party guests.........

I am setting my sights on 44SS, Modracer, Bandit SR & Jr, Seagull Klestinec, And Lee Machen, who really pulled one out for the ages. I just can't figure out a way to tell that story without getting edited.

Edited by txtom