Short Notice Deployment of Desert COP

:ph34r: Hello ALL,

Just wanted everyone to know that my unit was called away on short notice and sent to the desert once again. This time it looks like they intend to keep through the 22nd of November 2008 which means I'll miss the entire season. I was hoping that woudn't happen cause that Camero has been sitting on blocks way to long.

For all those that are getting to race, good on you. I've been going back through all the stuff thats happended over the last 7 1/2 weeks and it looks like the numbers are picking back up. I hope I have some where to race when I get back.

I am able to get to a computer now that all our guys have settled into a daily routine. Keep me posted on any significant events. Love to hear from you guys at the track. :ph34r:

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert (IRAQ) :ph34r:

Sorry to hear this we will be praying for you all. We have a group heading out of Knoxville on Sunday the 15th. When you get settled in holler at me and I will send your group 2 of our latest crash videos from 2007.

:ph34r: Richard,

The last crash videos were great and I think these will be too. As soon as I get a good address for you, I'll post it. For now, all I have is this website to communicate with. I get to choose three places and this is one of them. My Yahoo account and the Caller-Times on line is the other. Talk to Ya'll Soon,

Dennis :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

:D To ALL,

-----Just wanted to let everyone know that the packages addressed to me labeled from "Homefront Corpus Christi" with a P.O. Box on the return address got here yesterday. They were full of goodies and some much needed items. All the guys said to say "Thank You Corpus Christi Speedway" for all your distant support. I especially liked the gum drops myself. Thanks again everyone! :D

:D To ALL,

-----Just wanted to let everyone know that the packages addressed to me labeled from "Homefront Corpus Christi" with a P.O. Box on the return address got here yesterday. They were full of goodies and some much needed items. All the guys said to say "Thank You Corpus Christi Speedway" for all your distant support. I especially liked the gum drops myself. Thanks again everyone! :D

now i know why you keep going back ..its the only time you get friends to send you goodies ...i tell you what .kick those bad guys ass bad and finish this up soon ..and i will buy you some goodies .... that way you can stay home and we will have all you fine fighting men and ladys home and safe .. be carefull ..and i thank you and all your friends over there ....

• 2 weeks later...

:D O/T,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you on this. No doubt that we are staying out of harms way as best we can. I've enclosed a picture of one of our latest projects. Enjoy the picture and thanks again to all for the support. Glad to see that nothings changed about the comaraderee amounst the racers. Some of these threads do get a little carried away. Gotta go and blow some more shit up on land, so take care all. :D

[resized by Nick Holt, 7/17/08]

post-3-1216304128_thumb.jpg

thanks cop .you know i love those picks ..no problem with the getting back ..i give you all the time you need .besides .id rather have you late getting back then the other way ..we know you are safe .thats what counts ..get.er done .. KEEP IT LOW SO YOU CAN GET IT HOME .

Edited by oldtimer

All,

Thanks for the good thoughts. I love what I do or I wouldn't be doing it. After all, this is an all volunteer force these days.

Clare,

Nothing needed at this time unless you could stuff my Harley in bag somehow. J/K

O/T,

I've got some more pics, they just have to be shown in private not on tis thread. I'll bring my scrap book when I get back to the track.

:ph34r: Take care, Dennis :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

:D Thank You to the Garza and Trevino families for the care packages. The chocolate stuff melted but all the hard candies made the trip. I set the stuff out in the messing area and everyone got a handfull of stuff. The pictures from the track were an awesome addition. Thanks again for keeping us in your thooughts. :D

From the Tip of the Spear, our Mine Warfare Group Thanks You All at CC Speedway.

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert (IRAQI Freedom) :ph34r: