points racing this weekend

B) Super Streets will be racing for points This weekend, Texas True Stock will be racing for points this weekend, BUT because of the scheduling shift from the monster trucks Cody Limerick had made vacation plans for this weekend, Therefore it wouldn't be fair to have a points race in the Thunder cars, Pretty much the way it was for the super street #81 Last week-end. If all goes well this week we will have something new in the staging area.

B) after a bit of wrangling the monster trucks from AMP Live events will be coming to the bullring on fri nite (8/15) and sat nite (8/16). This weekend will be super streets,thunder and true stocks. The allison legacy super series will be embeded with 2 features to add to the fun on sat nite during the monster trucks . The Pro - Trucks will be coming back on 8/23/08.

allright i finaly get to see some truck racen ..we will have our car out there ...

OT, you mean on the 23rd, for the pro4 race?

no planed on getting some hard laps in ..and maybe running some more hard laps on the 23 rd..

Edited by oldtimer

that would be great. i wish everyone that could race with us would show the support you guys have shown. this class would really take off. i think most peoble assume you have to have a million dollar car to compete, truth is i (and countless other people)could build one for less than 10k and run up front. They do it out west, and what a show they put on.

problem is most poeple dont have that kinda of money ..we dont and never will spend that kind of money to buy or build another car ..when this car we have is done its over ..other problem the tracks wont and or cant afford to pay enough ......

problem is most poeple dont have that kinda of money ..we dont and never will spend that kind of money to buy or build another car ..when this car we have is done its over ..other problem the tracks wont and or cant afford to pay enough ......

OT, stop pulling everyones leg. You said yourself you have as much horsepower as we do. so you must have atleast 7k in the motor right, i mean the ARCA head is about 3500.00 by itself. you put your motor on a good chasis(which i found for about 2500.00) and your running up front.

here is just one car i found while looking for just a minute. they are everywhere..this one has a motor

4075863581758-mini-latemodel-pro-4.jpg

$2,500.00

turnkey ready to race. full tube chassis, ford 2300 powered,4 speed trans,holley 4412 carb (500 cfm),esslinger race cam,fully ported and polished , adj. cam gear and aluminum under drive pulley,mels ignition ,headers ,aluminum radiator,howe sway bar,

9" ford rear with 6.00 gears coil over suspension all 4 corners, tubular a frames,

,brake bias,longacre gages,fiberglass hood,roof and trunk. body is all aluminum with avg.racing bumps and bruises.call for more info

yep we have alot in this motor .. and over the years have added parts ... didnt pay for some of it ..lucky a sponsor came along and helped out a couple of teams with money to buy those 3500 heads 4 years ago or so ...otherwise we would be running cast ..so that said most dont have that kinda money or they would be running what we have ,,

yep we have alot in this motor .. and over the years have added parts ... didnt pay for some of it ..lucky a sponsor came along and helped out a couple of teams with money to buy those 3500 heads 4 years ago or so ...otherwise we would be running cast ..so that said most dont have that kinda money or they would be running what we have ,,
I have an IMCA modified for 2500 if you want one.

$3500 cylinder head four a 4 cylinder. Boy you guys got screwed. I just bought a 350 chevy with 45 pound eagle crank h beam rods, mahle pistons, dart heads. from pan to intake and an extra set of Dart heads for $3000 dollars.

good for you ..you know you can buy v8 parts alot cheaper with all those parts companys out there ...4 banger doesnt have as many doing that ..only one company makes these heads and you want one you pay ..i suppose alot of us and i mean hundreds of 4 bangers all over the usa and beyond have gotten screwed as you say .and that includes drag racers . .. .... .maybe we are just stupid i suppose ..if thats the case im in good company ...i could name alot of texas drivers who were dumb enough to get screwed into buying this stuff .. but that would be one heck of a long list .... and i would bet you have been screwed along the way aswell .that motor you just bought cost $3000 right... makes me wonder if you could have gotten it cheaper somewhere else ..lol who knows someone out there most probably knows where you could have .. and are now thinking you got screwed ...getting my point . :D

3,000 FOR POORBOYS MOTOR IS A HELL OF A DEAL,

I am pretty sure that it is a heck of a deal, sounds like it. But, I am pretty sure that you could get a better motor for more $$$... if you wanted to.

:o

Tim

if you race cars you get screwed! but we continue to do it. anyone who is racing is losing money. if it was all about the money then the gocart class would have about 75000 carts on the track.

asside from that, no one said racing is for everyone. good thing.

$3500 cylinder head four a 4 cylinder. Boy you guys got screwed. I just bought a 350 chevy with 45 pound eagle crank h beam rods, mahle pistons, dart heads. from pan to intake and an extra set of Dart heads for $3000 dollars.

poorboy, OT and I got ours sponsored..... :P