tech questions

Del Harris

I can't believe that this post lasted as long as it did talking about valve covers. The term "as shipped" is a very vague statement. If "As Shipped" was meant in it's true form then we could not install a carb, water pump, power steering pump or alternator. The term "As Shipped" is meant to refer to the rocker arms and such that are pieces of the motor that can be changed without breaking a seal.

I think that if you guys are going to show the car and Brad really wants to push the issue (why I really don't understand since it's been fine for all these years) then have a set of polished aluminum ones that you put on to show.

Brad, just a suggestion would be that since your stepping into an already formed class and I'm not seeing the great turnout from the dirt track guys which prompted all the rule changes for this year. Let these guys run what they have been running for all this time. The Huff group does a huge amount to promote the class and HMP. Give them a little slack in the grey area and I think it will come back to you 10 fold.

I know I don't have a dog in this fight but the term "As Shipped" is this the pro truck rules also and that was the clarification I got from Jack on the meaning.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brad, just a suggestion would be that since your stepping into an already formed class and I'm not seeing the great turnout from the dirt track guys which prompted all the rule changes for this year. Let these guys run what they have been running for all this time. The Huff group does a huge amount to promote the class and HMP. Give them a little slack in the grey area and I think it will come back to you 10 fold.

I agree with that 101% , The Huff's always had there own fan base, that was there due to them....!!

First of all let me say thanks to Brent and Rob for your show of support for the Huffs

Iwould like to address what Brent said about giving us room in a gray area.

We do not need any slack as our cars were always legal in every way they have been checked;

however due to different interpetion of "as shipped" I now find that all my cars are now illegal.

All my crate motors were bought used from various people and none had distributors with them.

I bought the cheapest thing I could find which was the 99dollar deal from smileys.

Crate motors were shipped with a delco distributor

Now im not sure whether valve covers or ignition source makes the most power but for the 18th

I will run my Allison Legacy in CC

SO all the dirt cars that were afraid to come over, nows your chance to come race the Premier

asphalt track in texas.

COME ON,LETS HAVE A BIG TURNOUT

xoxoxo j huff

Edited by huff37

o.k. guy's and gal's, i didn't mean to cause any problems about just the valve covers, brad is not doing anything different than the other new tech officials that have taken over in the past. he has a real gripe in this deal because, the rules do say " as shipped ", each class needs to read their rules under the crete motor section. as shipped would mean with stock steel valve covers. i do not have any problem running the stock steel valve covers so as long that this rule pertains to everybody in each class that has the same ruling " as shipped, however, my question would be, does this also mean the distributor? i check on line with GM performance to see how the GM crete racing motor came shipped and if you could bye it with aluminum valve covers and without the distributor. the answer is NO, you can not, it only comes shipped from the manufacture 1 way, 602, 603, and 604.

now what i need to know is, on my next race, do i need to have the shipped or some that match, valve covers and distributor on my car to keep from being DQ'ed? i am not trying to be a smart butt, i am merally trying to get an answer without pissing some one off so i don't make any mistakes.

p.s. the distributor was not brought up when the valve covers were mentioned, but the rules say, " as shipped ", i just don't want to be DQ'ed. thanks, del harris 936-449-4444 www.pro2000racing@!yahoo.com :ph34r:

Edited by pro2000racing

Page 9 section 25 letter a. Your distributor is fine. You know the required valvecovers that need to be on the motor. There are many variables with all the combinations of engines in the other classes that you may not be aware of. With this I ask you to concentrate on your class not the others. I was more than fair and reasonable about how this situation was handled that is why you kept your well deserved win. You have nice equipment and I look forward to teching it in the future as I know it will be in victory lane again soon.

Brad Dixon