Pro Trucks Purse Increase at Thunderhill Raceway

debwill

'was it over when the germans bombed pearl harbor?' let him go marc,,,,he's on a roll.

somebody please put jon in a truck, one of the best damn drivers out there and a guy that has done more for the trucks then just about anybody. he needs to be racing!

i'd see if you could drive the 28 but then i wouldn't get to race against you.

SP

me thinks it was da japininos dat bombed pearl!

None da less.ya got that right... Jont and team put it together!

Edited by KISS_Racing

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the trucks are not a national series anymore, why are you guys still running those nasty puking automatic transmissions and 4 link rear ends. To attract more people to the series why not let them make the current rear end setup a 3 point with a panhard bar and a manual transmission with a street stock weight clutch. Make them more of real racing vehicles instead of a glorified bombers If the motor rule would take from some of the street stock rules I would bet you would have more interest(the current engines sound pathetic). At least GET RID OF THE DAMN AUTOMATICS!

Since the trucks are not a national series anymore, why are you guys still running those nasty puking automatic transmissions and 4 link rear ends. To attract more people to the series why not let them make the current rear end setup a 3 point with a panhard bar and a manual transmission with a street stock weight clutch. Make them more of real racing vehicles instead of a glorified bombers If the motor rule would take from some of the street stock rules I would bet you would have more interest(the current engines sound pathetic). At least GET RID OF THE DAMN AUTOMATICS!

FishRacer......If the rules were changed would you build a truck??? What do you race now?

PS. If your intrested in running a truck ive got one to sale you. Call me

J.C Umscheid

If the motor rules allowed Sportsman type motors, I'd have bought Rusty or Junior's truck already.

And if NASCAR was cheaper and had diffrent rules we'd all be cup drivers too! Why do people feel that the rules need to change when they want to start running in a series. Maybe a rules meeting needs to take place but here's the kicker only registered truck owners and drivers alowed.

If the motor rules allowed Sportsman type motors, I'd have bought Rusty or Junior's truck already.

And if NASCAR was cheaper and had diffrent rules we'd all be cup drivers too! Why do people feel that the rules need to change when they want to start running in a series. Maybe a rules meeting needs to take place but here's the kicker only registered truck owners and drivers alowed.

That's sure to help expand the Class!

These are the rules that the USST Challenge series uses to equalize 5 different series of trucks. It has equalized the trucks significantly. Other than the crate engines the USST South racers run a 9.5/1 compression motor, steel head with no port and polishing and a holley 600. These engines are basically super stock engines. http://www.usstchallenge.com/_docs/ChallengeTechSheet.xls

Hey Mark,

Are there pics of these trucks anywhere that are detailed? And please correct me if I'm wrong... I would think that the coil over truck with a crate has an advantage over a big spring truck. Now when I think of a coil truck I think of the ones that run in Florida and Georgia. Also, your trucks run 604 where we run 602. Is there a weight break for 602 trucks?

Weight Rules

• Mid-Am Style Truck

o Mid Am Motor = 2950 lbs

o GM Crate Engine = 2700 lbs

• Fabricated Big Spring Tube Chassis

o GM Crate Engine = 2800 lbs

o Mid Am Engine = 3100 lbs

• Coil over Truck

o Gm Crate engine = 2700 lbs

o Mid Am Motor = 2950 lbs

o GM ZZ4 350HP Crate engine = 2700 lbs

Thanks,

Mark

In the challenge series the coilover trucks are penalized on short tracks. The 5 gentleman on the rules panel felt that the coil over trucks didn't have much of an advantage on larger tracks, just the shorter ones. The 5 gentleman represent all the different combinations of the trucks that race. Almost all of the coilover trucks have the 603 or 604 crate engine. There are no coilover trucks in the USST South. We are only allowed to run big spring trucks. There are not a lot of trucks running the 602, other than you guys that I know of, just like there not many trucks running the motors we run. I feel in the future we will all be running the 603 or 604. There was a few 602, automatic transmission trucks that showed up in Iowa. One the the trucks blew up in practice and I'm not sure where the other placed. The USST south would like to get the oppurtunity to come run with you guys. I have talked to some guys and we would come race for start money, only to see where we all stack up. Some of the your racers need to talk to the track owners to get the ok on that. It would be awesome to field 25+ trucks at special races. I will get some pics of my chassis and engine and post this weekend.

Edited by txfireman911