Indy

Kathy

A lot of crazy stuff in that race, a couple bonehead moves, but that's racing.

But how about Danica's crew on the Go Daddy commercials??!!! Thought I recognized a couple of them! Roy? Dougie? Brad? Cory?

Speaking of Danica .................. What a boneheaded move in over-shooting her pit. The cars are all the same. The engines are all the same. Winning that race is all about driving skill and precise execution. I'm her biggest fan on here, but for that she deserves criticism. It cost her any real chance of victory. What a shame.

Anyone know why Raphael Matos lost so many positions on a late pit stop? After dropping from about 5th to about 20th, he stopped twice to top off on fuel, but I never heard what problem the #2 Car team encountered putting them back so far.

Speaking of Danica .................. What a boneheaded move in over-shooting her pit. The cars are all the same. The engines are all the same. Winning that race is all about driving skill and precise execution. I'm her biggest fan on here, but for that she deserves criticism. It cost her any real chance of victory. What a shame.

Stuff happens. THere was time to recover and there were several stops afterwards. It was a team effort and she ended up 3rd. I really don't have anything against her and wouldn't have minded seeing her win. I think she ended up about where she "belonged". Helio was holding back for the first 3/4 of the race and Danica even said she couldn't get around Weldon because there was too much downforce in the car. Several drivers would've wrecked the car trying to get around him. She did really well.

I'm thinking about taking a trip up to Texas - do you think I could get decent seats doing a walk up?

Probably. As they say.............. there aren't really any bad seats up there. Just some better than others.

Thanks - not sure I'd be able to get out of work to make it up Friday, so I'd probably leave San Antonio real early Saturday morning. I'm going to dig around a little bit - any idea what row I'd have to be on to see the whole track?

RETrott-

He crashed big time with the 14 late.

Budman-

How about the girls? All three finished, with both Danica and Fisher (17th) on the lead lap and Duno only a lap down in 20th.

Thanks tqj3, but I was wondering how/why he got back there after a round of caution flag pit stops.

purty bad when i have to admit .i didnt go to sleep during that race ..[ PAY ATENTION NASCAR] .i have never sat in my chair and watched a complete indy 500..... nore have i ever really paid that much atention to that race in the pasT..other than to see who won ...or who wrecked ....looks like irl is going to get me to watch more of their races ....... ...and budman it hasnt got anything to do with danica ..i could care less aboult her .... but that race was fun to watch ...again. PAY ATENTION NASCAR ..

Probably. As they say.............. there aren't really any bad seats up there. Just some better than others.

Thanks - not sure I'd be able to get out of work to make it up Friday, so I'd probably leave San Antonio real early Saturday morning. I'm going to dig around a little bit - any idea what row I'd have to be on to see the whole track?

From what I've seen, there should be good seats available near the turn 4 exit. It was that way when I was there and also appears that way on TV. I believe the backstretch grandstand is used only for NASCAR Cup events.

purty bad when i have to admit .i didnt go to sleep during that race ..[ PAY ATENTION NASCAR] .i have never sat in my chair and watched a complete indy 500..... nore have i ever really paid that much atention to that race in the pasT..other than to see who won ...or who wrecked ....looks like irl is going to get me to watch more of their races ....... ...and budman it hasnt got anything to do with danica ..i could care less aboult her .... but that race was fun to watch ...again. PAY ATENTION NASCAR ..

Right non oldtimer - I'm in the same boat. They put on a heck of a show on the intermediate tracks from what I've seen on TV and the Championship race from a couple seasons ago has to be one of the best in history (2 drivers coming down to the final turn). If they can get the car count up a little at places besides Indy they'll be doing really well.

I think what really hurts it is not being able to get some American talent in there to market the sport around.

Graham Rahal still has some learning to do, Andretti luck keeps hounding Marco - what Danica has going for her isn't just the fact that she's female - she's American too.

I was really pulling for Davey Hamilton today.

PA,

Row 25 up. I think 40 is real good.

Regarding Danica ............... Remember, before that pit error she was ahead of Weldon. But for the error she would not have had to deal with Weldon at all. She never regained THAT track position. Could she have caught Helio? No, not in 12 laps. But on longer runs Helio would fall off. Danica would get faster. That late caution and 12 lap sprint to the end handed it to Helio. Great race though.

At this moment on the "YAHOO" search engine ................. the "MOST SEARCHED" topic is "DANICA PATRICK".

THAT ........... my friends is what I've been talking about all along. What's good for Danica is good for racing at ALL levels.

At this moment on the "YAHOO" search engine ................. the "MOST SEARCHED" topic is "DANICA PATRICK".

THAT ........... my friends is what I've been talking about all along. What's good for Danica is good for racing at ALL levels.

Yes...BUT...I do understand people getting "burned out" by her - and it's not all her fault. Yahoo headline (at this moment) reads:

Record Indy for Helio, Danica

Danica Patrick has her best Indy 500 ever, but she can't catch Helio Cantroneves.

Another link to the same story reads: Racer has storybook 500, edges Danica

What about Weldon?

That was racing Im glad to see indy make a come back the 500 has always been something special.I agree NASCAR take some notes .Speaking of nascar what about the crap there pulling on carl Long because he a small team.Rumor from out east is that one of hendricks drivers failed a drug test didn't here about that have you, but you sure did mayfield.Could Indy cars rule as the leading series again.

Archived