ASA National Points

abrungot

I don't have a dog in the fight, but during the Octoberfast race, Jack marked every tire as the truck/car rolled through tech and we had to race with those tires. Would painting or marking the tires be a way to easily police the tire issue?

Once again....THE F-53'S HAVE #'S ON THEM......... Easy!!!!

Edited by GUNDOG99

Car count does hurt the champ, but I would think the sportsman class should be the stongest. unfourtunatly not to many people want to take a classic camaro and gut it to be a race car. You cant really build these cheap anymore. Its just plain harder to build a car than it was 10 or 20 years ago. As far as late models I believe money to be #1 reason with the number 2 reason being tsrs rules are more like limited late models or souped up sportmans. If you have one your pretty limited to racing tsrs to be competitive. I think tsrs need an update to the rules although those runnin tsrs would prob disagree. I for one would like to not have to drive 12 hours to run mine. I know i could run alot more at a track an hour away.and another 3 hrs away.I'm actually considering going crate so i can run hmp and its 2 1/2 hrs further than thr.but thats one case ...any other out there that dont race thr and like to share thier reason.

As far as late models I believe money to be #1 reason with the number 2 reason being tsrs rules are more like limited late models or souped up sportmans. If you have one your pretty limited to racing tsrs to be competitive.

That's why we're building a crate LM. I hate the idea of crates, but with one, we can race HMP, Monroe and all over the Midwest and East Coast.

I don't have a dog in the fight, but during the Octoberfast race, Jack marked every tire as the truck/car rolled through tech and we had to race with those tires. Would painting or marking the tires be a way to easily police the tire issue?

Once again....THE F-53'S HAVE #'S ON THEM......... Easy!!!!

I think this is what Gunnar was talking about:

post-43-1249665312.jpg

So i just want to restate what i hear.. You don't want to build a TSRS "Motor" because you want to go to the bigger show's like Snowball Derby races for example>>

Or is there a Difference in the Car/Suspension? I am late model stupid here so any help is appreciated?

The cars are different animals. Pro Lates run on 10" tires, use rack and pinion steering, better brakes and shocks, and dont' require a stock stub frame or fabricated replica thereof.

The crates are half of the price of a TSRS engine and you can run two races on the Goodyears, and run the straight rail anywhere in the US. Sounds like an efficient way to go racing. Limiting tires to a class that runs 75 lap feature, plus qualifying plus a scuff session is not a prudent thing to do, more so on an 8" tire. Talk about a wreckfest.

As far as late models I believe money to be #1 reason with the number 2 reason being tsrs rules are more like limited late models or souped up sportmans. If you have one your pretty limited to racing tsrs to be competitive.

That's because TSRS is supposed to be a limited latemodel series.Not pro or super late.

That's because TSRS is supposed to be a limited latemodel series.Not pro or super late.

wasnt bashing tsrs I think they run a great series, just ment that it splits the cars into two groups thats all. it would be like spliting the cameros and monte carlos up in the sportsmans.