Looks like a way to fill the stands here

abrungot

Thirsty anyone?

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2009/1...beer.night.kovr

There are 165 glasses in a Keg of Beer, Retail Price of a Keg about $90>>> Net $1 per Beer pays for itself...

100 people show up for $100 beer, thats $1,000 at the gate...

Seems like it could work, imagine if Bud or Miller Sponsored the beer for advertising rates..

ARE MISSION BASEBALL TEAM DOES THAT AND AT THE HORSE TRACK THEY HAVE $.50 FRIDAYS WITH BEER AT $.50 BUT THEY DONT SERV THE SAME SIZE CUPS SO 4 EVERY 2 CUPS IS ONE AT THE BASEBALLCAME IT WORKS AND PUTS BUTS IN THE STANDS I WISH THEY COULD DO IT AT THE RACE TRACKS IT A SEALING POINT GOOD POST

post-9510-1261115720.gif

sure does, even thirtsy thursday @ RR Xrpess, and its just cheaper, not 1.00!!! Anyone have an "in" with the folks @ Brown or Centex Dist?? THR does not control concessions, but I'm sure if the beer companies came in and wanted to do something like this, some kind of negociation could be done.

Some fun facts about Keg Beer:

First you’ve got to establish whether you are talking about Domestic Beer or Imported Beer.

A standard keg of domestic beer holds approximately 15.5 gallons. A keg of imported beer is going to be closer to 13.2 gallons.

Second, there are 128 fluid ounces in a gallon.

Assuming you are using 12 ounce cups. The number of cups of beer in a keg:

* There are 165 cups of beer in a domestic keg.

* There are 140 cups of beer in a imported keg.

Other keg facts:

* There are approximately 16K calories in a keg of Miller Lite. Bud Light & Coors Light are slightly higher.

* There are approximately 24K calories in a keg of Rolling Rock.

* It takes almost 7 cases (24 count) of beer to equal the amount of beer in 1 keg.

* A keg of domestic beer weighs approximately 160 lbs.

* Kegs should be kept at temperatures of 35-40 degrees to stay fresh.

* If stored at the proper temperature, an average keg will last 30-60 days without losing any of it’s taste.

Why does my keg beer have too much foam?

1. The beer is not cold enough.

2. The pressure in the tap is off (aka: a broken tap).

3. The line of the tap is dirty.

The track could take it a step further:

Sale 12oz. souvenir cups.

150 colored cups with graphics on two sides: 155.00 (a great place to print the race schedule, sponsors etc)

The track could sell the cup for 5.00 (includes first cup of beer), and then charge 1.00 to refill. (Would it be fair to say the same fan would come back to refill three more times?)

150 cup order 155.00 (includes tax and setup)

1 Keg of premium beer 114.00(includes tax) *retail price

269.00 (investment)

150 purchased souvenir cups 600.00 (includes 150.00 deduction for first beer)

15 cups of beer left in keg 15.00

minus 269.00(investment)

346.00 (profit on initial keg)

The same people refill 3 times:

450 cups of beer 450.00

45 cups of beer remaining 45.00

3 kegs of premium beer minus 342.00

153.00 (profit on three kegs @ 1.00 per 12oz. cup)

346.00 1st keg profit, includes cups)

499.00 (profit for 1st 150 cups sold)

Ticket sales this could generate would be a bonus!!!

The same concept could be used for the kids, but using fountain drinks.

(You could print track trivia, kid friendly riddles etc. on these cups)

A lot of these cups (beer and soda) would make it home…additional advertising for the track. When my friends come over I break out the fine plastic ware (Spurs and/or Stock Show and Rodeo) for drinks.

Have a number printed on the cup as well and have drawings for freebies or discounts. Get the fans involved with the track and sponsors.

Jus this air conditioning and heating guys 2 ¾ cents worth.

Edited by direct-flo

Besides the beer and soft drinks the drivers need to get the attention of the kids. They are the ones that get the parents back every week. Many drivers have stuffed toys inside there car that people see. Sometimes its hard for the little ones to see them. Something needs to be added to the car on the outside to get the kids attention. Look at Monster Trucks. They get the kids attention. Kids like FREEBIES too. Hand out stuff to the kids. If kids are excited and having a good time at the track then parents will bring them back. This is just an idea. Use your imagination. Think like a young kid. Promote yourself to them. Getting the parents drunk helps to. :lol:

Great idea, but don't you still have to buy a membership at THR to buy beer? I remember years a go at a Iguanas game it was dollar beer night and I was ready to have both kids drink beer instead of the 4$ soft drinks, now all you need is a drunk to throw the squid or octopus on the track.

Like lreracing said, if a facility does not control its own concessions, it’s a moot point.

I bet a movie theater does not make the money on ticket sales; it makes the money at the concession stand. How much is a box of Whoppers these days? Or a tub of hot buttered popcorn!

I have been to venues when they did not have draft specials and when they did. I’m here to tell you that people come out of the woodwork for these specials. That saying holds true “I’m Here For The Beer”

I wonder if operating a venue such as THR is similar to owing a boat. You buy a boat and use it three to four months out of a year, but you still have to make a payment every month. With a little creative marketing during those down months a venue should be able to generate some income to pay or offset the debt service.

Like lreracing said, if a facility does not control its own concessions, it’s a moot point.

I bet a movie theater does not make the money on ticket sales; it makes the money at the concession stand. How much is a box of Whoppers these days? Or a tub of hot buttered popcorn!

I have been to venues when they did not have draft specials and when they did. I’m here to tell you that people come out of the woodwork for these specials. That saying holds true “I’m Here For The Beer”

I wonder if operating a venue such as THR is similar to owing a boat. You buy a boat and use it three to four months out of a year, but you still have to make a payment every month. With a little creative marketing during those down months a venue should be able to generate some income to pay or offset the debt service.

GOTTA SPEND MONEY TO MAKE MONEY !!!!!!!!!!