Best of 2009

RodneyRodriguez

Best Finish: Robert Barker beats Cody Smith in last TSRS race @ THR.

as a racer i wouldn't think you would dig seeing a guy race clean just to get his sh-t stuffed in the wall coming to the checkers?

-clint lafont winning more races in a season than most of us win ever.

-just about every grand stock race i got to see.

-cody smith's 1st time in a pro truck ever , and he wins.

-mason teagues consistancy

all just THR. i didn't get out much this season. went to Texas Thunder once and every race that night seemed pretty cool.

To me the best part of 2009 was the emergence of the "young guns" in a whole lot of asphalt series and classes... The future of stock car racing is looking good.

And I really enjoyed watching a smooth, clean Clint LaFont follow in Cary Stapp's footsteps in the ASA A-Line Auto Parts Super Stocks in 2009.

Nick

I enjoyed putting my son in a mini stock this year and and teaching him how to drive and be smooth. And not racing related but watching my 19 year old daughter move away and venture out on her own. She has not only grown into a wonderful young lady but has maintained her 4.0 GPA at the same time. :D

I enjoyed watching Clint as well... although not so much trying to catch him! Pretty cool for me having Clint be our champ, and the fact that he and Bobby are father and son champs in the division there at THR.

cody smith winning the SOWELL 75

The best part of the 2009 racing season for me was talking with so many drivers and hearing so much racing knowledge around me. Being able to race side by side with such great drivers and on the same track as well. But also bringing home the 2009 THR THUNDERSTOCK ROOKIE OF THE YEAR CHAMPIONSHIP for me and my family...looking forward to an even better season in 2010!!!!

My picks for 2009. Didn't get to see much racing this year, but here they are.

Watching TBS getting dirty.

Pulling off a new "Texas Triple" with Scotty. 85 Speedway on July 2nd, Lone Star Speedway on July 3rd, and Texas Thunder Speedway on the 4th of July. Not as many miles but still good. The first "Texas Triple" we did was in 2004. I-37 Speedway for a regular friday night, Houston Raceway Park for TSRS on Saturday, and the last night of the I.M.C.A. Lonestar Nationals at Heart O' Texas Speedway on Sunday. Announced all three of those events. When I pulled into my driveway in Kerrville that Monday morning, we had driven 1099 miles. What a blast that was.

Finding a "new" Friday night track in Boyd. Mighty fine racing there.

Stay safe.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Watching Mason Teague week after week maintain the points lead and finish the season winning the Championship, then watching the excitement and pride on his dads face at the finish line.

I agree I enjoed seeing this happen on Speedzone!!!! I also could see the pride of Jim of seeing how he helped his son win week after week!! Nothing can supress this pride!! Belive me I also know Robert 2003 USRA Truck Champion!!

Archived