kyle's take on danica

lilmodified

DANICA .................. because it sounds soooooo Exotic!

You're just jealous because I had her pegged for stardom way back years ago. :lol::lol::lol:

Oh, and incidentially H/T, there is absolutely no truth to the rumor she is going to start her first nationwide race with one hand tied behind her back, just to make it fair. :P

...... your to funny ...it wasnt her skill behind the wheel thats got her where she is today ...... purty face tiny body .if thats where nascar is headed and seems tobe ..ill watch something else .... i dont care if the driver is ugly or purty nicely dressed or hair combed . hell they dont have to be clean shaven .in her case make up ....just want some real down home racen ..if nascar can give us back real racen and she blows dooooors . instead of kisses ...then and only then will i become a fan of her.s and ill buy you a steak .....

Edited by HiTech

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Danica is dong something a whole lot of people cannot do, and that is bring sponsorship to the table. Why blast her for helping the sport? It makes no sense. Kyle thinks she is taking a seat from a potential driver, maybe that potential driver needs to work on his marketing skills, because he is laps down in that race already. There are more seats available than there are sponsors for, so the door is wide open, no seats have been taken from anyone.

Potential drivers can work all they want to and wont have the one edge that Danica has marketing wise. She is female

And she is more realistic about it than some might think as she said "I will work as hard as possible...And I have to be realistic about the situation and go 'Look, there are a lot of people who have taken a while to get used to this, and I'm not going to be any different.'

"I hope I have an innate knack for this thing and it goes really well...really quickly. But it might take a while.

"The bottom line is there's a lot to learn."

Edited by champ1796

Arob, I don't disaree that she won't bring some attention, because she will. But the focus she brings will not be pointed at the state of nascar racing. It will be on the circus and soap opera drama she will bring with her. Not her fault, not saying it is. But I agree with LM. And once the hoopla has settled, Nascar will still be boring and will be even farther in the hole than they are today. They (Nascar) keep moving farther and farther from the things that got them where they are and in the end, it will kill them if they don't change. At least play a country song every now and then if you won't bring back side by side racing, pushing and shoving, name calling, "i was just trying to rattle his cage" racing.

Greg, I think you touched on something here. (Aside from all the Danica stuff I put on here, purely for its entertainment value.) I keep reading on here where they need to "get back to" doing this or doing that. That is asking the impossible. While we can always LOOK back, none of us can ever GO back. We/they can only prepare today to move forward. We can not move backward.

Edited by Budman

I believe the overall perception amongst old school or core fans is that Nascar needs to be fixed because it isnt like it used to be. I honestly dont know how they might "fix" it. I also dont believe there is an easy fix at this time. So, what could be done fairly easily to make racing better in 2010?

Edited by champ1796

I believe the overall perception amongst old school or core fans is that Nascar needs to be fixed because it isnt like it used to be. I honestly dont know how they might "fix" it. I also dont believe there is an easy fix at this time. So, what could be done fairly easily to make racing better in 2010?

make the cars look like cars ..give the real teams and drivers room to make what adjustments they would need on the car .... give us some more short track racen ..and let those drivers be mad and say what they need to say .free country . i loved it when dale and others went after it .. not so much in fist fights .... more saterday night typ of racen ..thats what nascar was built on ..not clean shaven .combed hair drivers ...is that to much to ask for ..it isnt that hard to go back to ..oh sponsors ..thats right .....

make the cars look like cars ..give the real teams and drivers room to make what adjustments they would need on the car .... give us some more short track racen ..and let those drivers be mad and say what they need to say .free country . i loved it when dale and others went after it .. not so much in fist fights .... more saterday night typ of racen ..thats what nascar was built on ..not clean shaven .combed hair drivers ...is that to much to ask for ..it isnt that hard to go back to ..oh sponsors ..thats right .....

So the COT would have to be gone or modified significantly. Not an easy fix. Giving them room for more adjustment should be doable but how? More short tracks could be doable but at a very high expense plus there are contracts in place for the current tracks. Letting the drivers vent is definitely doable to a certain extent. Clean shaven and combed hair havent a damn thing to do with it OT :lol: It doesnt matter if they havent bathed in weeks either.

So the COT would have to be gone or modified significantly. Not an easy fix. Giving them room for more adjustment should be doable but how? More short tracks could be doable but at a very high expense plus there are contracts in place for the current tracks. Letting the drivers vent is definitely doable to a certain extent. Clean shaven and combed hair havent a damn thing to do with it OT :lol: It doesnt matter if they havent bathed in weeks either.

lol .come on you havent noticed how clean they look and thier hair is always nicely done whille on comercial breaks . .... heck the sweat is always wiped dry too ...if nascar can make a car ugly .you cant tell me they cant make it look like a real car .ones you can tell apart ..

Looks like NASCAR maybe taking steps to make the racing better. /NASCAR to announce changes Jan 21st: On Jan. 21 at the NASCAR Research & Development Center, officials from NASCAR are expected to announce a series of rules revisions, some drastic, others less so. It is expected that the controversial rear wing, one of the COT's [Car of Tomoorow/Today or NASCAR Racecar] most defining characteristics, will be scrapped in favor of a more traditional blade spoiler like the NASCAR Nationwide Series cars use. Also being looked it is the front splitter, which runs parallel to the racing surface and replaced the conventional front air dam. NASCAR officials also are talking about eliminating the no-passing zones at Daytona International Speedway and Talladega Superspeedway, as well as other as-year unspecified changes, all aimed at helping re-energize interest in the sport. NASCAR officials said Saturday at the Sprint Sound & Speed [in Nashville] event that final decisions about the modifications have not been made, but will be announced Jan. 21.(SPEEDtv)(1-10-2010)

Looks like NASCAR maybe taking steps to make the racing better. /NASCAR to announce changes Jan 21st: On Jan. 21 at the NASCAR Research & Development Center, officials from NASCAR are expected to announce a series of rules revisions, some drastic, others less so. It is expected that the controversial rear wing, one of the COT's [Car of Tomoorow/Today or NASCAR Racecar] most defining characteristics, will be scrapped in favor of a more traditional blade spoiler like the NASCAR Nationwide Series cars use. Also being looked it is the front splitter, which runs parallel to the racing surface and replaced the conventional front air dam. NASCAR officials also are talking about eliminating the no-passing zones at Daytona International Speedway and Talladega Superspeedway, as well as other as-year unspecified changes, all aimed at helping re-energize interest in the sport. NASCAR officials said Saturday at the Sprint Sound & Speed [in Nashville] event that final decisions about the modifications have not been made, but will be announced Jan. 21.(SPEEDtv)(1-10-2010)

I touched on this earlier in the thread

I don't think making some adjustments back to the way things used to be done is "going backwards". If I make a change on my car and it makes it slower, than I just adjust it back to where I was. Obviously some of the things that need to be changed with Nascar aren't done with the snap of a finger, but there are many things that can be tweaked to change some of the negative perceptions that people have about today's Nascar.

• 2 weeks later...

HT and Bud,

I am seriously affected by lack of racing syndrome and if I don't hear some engines roar and see some speed I may go into shock. I've been reading the forum at least a couple times a week but this does not satisfy that need for speed. See you two soon. Well Buddy at least. Mike will probably see you later on unless you intend on showing up at THR. :)