LAST CALL - 2010 REGISTRATION

You may be right. It might behoove the tracks to start the rookies in the rear. The drivers should focus on clean racing and having patience....

what is a rookie????????

I would think that would be anyone that has no experience with this type of race car(truck). IE: bomber class, Legacy, Karts, Dwarf, Minis. This is only my opinion, it's not meant to insult anyone or call into question their abilities. I'm only saying that these trucks handle very different and respond to the throttle very differently than those classes I listed, and it might be a way to cut down on the crashes while getting some seat time.

i wasnt meaning anything personal towards you david...

but mr. stapp could be a rookie if he only had two starts in the trucks and that wouldn't make no sense....lol

if a "rookie" earned the spot then they should start there...

i see a serious hard charger awards coming in the near future.......

I think if you get more than 15 trucks you have a b-main and and a-main. This would give everyone a chance to race and the b-main guys a chance to race their way into the a-main. As for "rookie" status. If you have not raced a full season in the truck series you should be considered a rookie and put a stripe on your bumper.

i wasnt meaning anything personal towards you david...

but mr. stapp could be a rookie if he only had two starts in the trucks and that wouldn't make no sense....lol

if a "rookie" earned the spot then they should start there...

i see a serious hard charger awards coming in the near future.......

Cary has experience in race cars similar to these. He is NOT a rookie. But a legend car,Legacy car or Kart is a completely different kettle of fish. That driver will not be used to wheeling around 3000 lbs of race car that has 350 hp. That is all I'm saying. If memory serves me, under USRA rules, it didn't matter what experience you had or where you qualified, you started in the back for three races to see how well you handled the truck. If after 3 races, the "rookies" have shown that they have a handle on the trucks, open it up. I think that is a wise idea. Sometimes prudence is the wisest choice.

Who won that race Gunnar 99?...

The winner was dq'ed #9

The winner was not #9. It was #66. He started 9th and passed Joe Napoleon and G.W. Griffin for the lead with about 4 or 5 laps to go. That was his 7th win of the 2002 season. Also had 9 poles that year.

Thanks,

Mike

• 3 weeks later...