Modified Rule Change and Sept 3rd Purse

HMP Race Teams,

The rule changes regarding the different engine combinations that were made for the past two races will now be permanent part of the 2011 NASCAR Fiesta Modified rules. As a review here were the changes:

Crate Engine Option: No Change

2 Barrel Option: Minimum 2500 lbs and maximum 57.5% left side

Open Engine Option: Minimum 2550 lbs and maximum 57.5% left side.

In addition, HMP is currently working on the NASCAR Fiesta Modified purse for the September 3rd race. Thanks to La Porte Tire, it is currently $2000 to win and $200 to start. Our hope is to have $3000 to Win and $300 to Start by race day depending on additional sponsors coming on board. Stay tuned.

Also, heat races will return on September 3rd. However, we will stick with the 7pm race time due to the heat. The full September 3rd schedule will follow later today.

Sincerely,

John Mandabach

Vice President & General Manager

Houston Motorsports Park

11620 N Lake Houston Pkwy

Houston, TX 77044

Direct: 713-826-3313

www.houstonmotorsportspark.com

HMP is working with Ricky Brooks and hope to have a set of rules that allows any modified to race at any track in the south. All the differences between the rules are being considered. If you own a NASCAR Fiesta Modified, I would not be making major changes just yet. We hope to have the 2012 rules out in September.

Edited by Houston Motorsports Park

HMP is working with Ricky Brooks and hope to have a set of rules that allows any modified to race at any track in the south. All the differences between the rules are being considered. If you own a NASCAR Fiesta Modified, I would not be making major changes just yet. We hope to have the 2012 rules out in September.

ALL Mods should have "Shinny Wheels" and "Flames". That needs to be put in the rules.

Alright sounds good. We are just starting to get a car back together and we just were not sure what rules to put it together for.

Hey John, how about this?..

You guys are doing a great job, keep it up.

-Thanks,

Randy Andersen

Please tell us more about this wicked looking monster. PLEASE!

Note: IT has "Shinny Wheels" and has "Flames".

Edited by PAPA

Is that a stock front clip mod. That thing looks cool!!!!!!!!!!!!

I moved back to the Beaumont area after spending 7 1/2 years in Las Vegas. I raced mods on the Lucas Oil Super Clean Modified Tour on the west coast. I have to say HMP is doing the best job promoting the modifieds and trying to grow car counts. They pay more money on every race than most tracks. Some tracks have 1 or 2 BIG MONEY races a year, but HMP is doing it ever race. I just want to say THANK YOU to HMP and all of there sponsors. Please keep up all the great work. I'm trying to get my car together to come and run, hope to see you soon.

Steve Simon

Edited by chargerdriver71