Screen names

NickHolt

Sometimes people get on Texas Speed Zone and bash or disregard other TSZ guidelines while hiding behind screen names.

Jason and I are considering a change that would require anyone who gets a post edited or removed to use their actual name from then on or get their posting priviledges removed. Of course, anyone who continues to violate TSZ guidelines gets their posting priviledges removed anyway, but this may get some people to think a bit more before they decide to go on a bashing spree.

But before we make any decisions about screen names, we would like to hear your views on this.

Thanks!

Nick Holt

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happens though when we start getting fake names? Your still hiding behind a name.

Very true.

But we always can use the "remove posting priviledges" clause should someone persist in bashing (or whatever) even after they changed their name to a "real" name.

I'm sure there will always be ways that those few individuals who are intent on being a jerk can succeed in being one...

Nick Holt

most people are very comfortable letting you know who they are, on here...even if they are agueing(not bashing because it is still a stated opinion of one independent individual)which in turn , turns into an aguement between two parties(or more)so by that point it is no longer bashing

-it should be no problem getting most of us to identify ourselves....because a certain % of us are racecar driving egomaniacs....

humbly yours

-shawn paul lehman: crazyhorse racing 5 ss/ 28 arts

p.s we all might as well get it out of the way

I have no problem with using my real name,I get edited more than anyone I think,but what is considered bashing,I have been edited for calling someone an IDIOT,while our same Jason has done the same with no edit........a least be fair,this is a good site but like I said before,some go overboard on editing based on there personal views.

Thank you, Michael Thorman

Never have, and never will hide behind a screen name.

"Sarge" is what most everyone involved in racing knows me by. And just in case, I ALWAYS sign my posts with both my name, and my nick name.

So it won't affect me at all.

And I advertise pretty regularly where you can come find me. Friday nights it is at I-37 Speedway in Pleasanton, Saturdays I will be at Texas Thunder Speedway in Killeen UNLESS, the TSRS is racing and then I will be with them, where ever that may be.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Hardest working race announcer in Texas! Have microphone, will travel.

Edited cause I can't spell

Edited by Sarge

No biggee for me, everyone knows I am by name and by face/hair and I have always included my name in my signature. Over the years I've learned to pick my online battles more carefully, and I can still outrun a lot of people. LOL

Hey Nick, is this new idea going to be a judgement call on bashing vs. expressing ones opinion or an "all involved rule?" :P;):lol::)

Sorry man, you made that too easy! LMAO

Don't have a problem with that. The only thing I have to figure out is which name to use since I have been called so many!!

:D:D:D:D:D

Don Yocum

Corpus Christi Tx.

ps. I do think this will cut down on the crap. And I appreciate what you guys are doing with this, THANKS!

I think it's a good idea, but I am not sure how you police it...people can always get a new id...some people already have two or three or five they use for good and/or evil...not me though, I am such a smart ass ya'll could spot me in a second...I just think we know to discount people with fake names...heck, we discount people with real names we don't agree with anyway...which is everyone's right...the only workable solution is probably to keep your editing finger at the ready, Nick...

LL

I'm sure there will always be ways that those few individuals who are intent on being a jerk can succeed in being one...

And was this a bash against people that you do not agree with their sense of humor or difference of opinion or willingness to confront others? A passive agressive bash? Maybe you are right about the judgement rule afterall!

Edited by 29LL