Screen names

NickHolt

I think it is a wonderful idea and hope that it works. :)

I hardly ever post but I do enjoy reading and keeping up with everything and everyone after the races.

I worked at CC Speedway for several years for the Yocums as scorekeeper then graduated to head scorekeeper. :blink:

I just wanted to give a "Shout Out" to all my friends out there at CCMS. :D

Charlotte Clanton

tylanic

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use phpBB, so I'm not familiar with Invision, but there may be a hack which will allow you to show both the username and the users first name. I've seen this on other boards, but I'm not sure what hack (mod), they used to do this.

How bout setting up your forums so it logs the IP address of the poster and if you have problems you can ban the IP address. If someone changes names the IP should stay the same until it is released, and that should be long enough to make them change their bashing and so on.

Eric VW :ph34r:

You ask so this is JMO!

I think it is a wonderful idea. Sometimes, in fact most of the time I have no idea who folks are, as I'm new to the site. I think it would be nice to associate a Car! or a Driver! or a Team! or an Official and a Track. In some way let folks know how you are involved with the sport and at what track.

Aunt Sharon :wub:

#9 SS at THR

I'm ok with screen names, but you should require a real name signature or profile. Most folks on here are either very free with their name or it is in their e-mail or username anyway.

But I must respectfully add that I AGREE entirely with Mr. Larry Latham on one issue. If the "C" on your Ceyboard doesn't worc, and you are forced to use QUE's all the time, and your a cowboy, you shouldn't be forced to provide a real name. It might just be that since their are no QUE's in his name he doesn't know how to spell it.

Johnny Sutton

it was nice meeting you in S.A. johnny..(putting a face with a name)and for 2 guys that disagree alot, we got along pretty well...it prooves on this site- you can't judge a book by it's (screen name) cover,,,and it's a forum...so leave your feelings at the home page...i've been bashed in the past,and then supported by this site (thr,tsrs)back in april...in both sitiuations i try not to let my emotions get the better of me...

it's kinda cool to be introduced to people by "oh by the way i'm (screen name)....rookie49 had to be laughing his ass off at crazyhorse that afternoon...

ps. go packers

We already log and ban IP's.

as a computer Techie good luck there is always away around the ban of an IP address. I am not going to lie I have allready helped a few people get back on here after this. Keep doing your home work.

Jay Simon

74 Hobby stock THR

if you did not know who I am.

I might not know how to drive but computers I can handle.

Nick-Sounds like a great idea! I think it would help weed out the people who have a big mouth sitting at home in private, but lack seriously in the testicular fortitude department in person!Our team has nothing to hide and we are not hard to identify- look for the only bright orange pumpkin truck#21 in the ARTS series!--Curt Marcinik--Crew Chief ARTS#21 Truck series!!