STS E-Mod 2013 Rules Meeting

bvfd_gordo

I HEARD YOU MIGHT LET POWERGLIDES IN MY OPINION IS THIS IS A MISTAKE, THERE ARE PLENTY OF TURBO 350S OUT THERE AND NOT MANY POWERGLIDES, JMO. CANNOT MAKE THE MEETINGS WORKING ON RACECARS. I VOTE NO POWERGLIDES

BOBBY JACK

You are correct Bobby but the 350 is more expensive to repair and maintain, it is less reliable, it can cost you races, and it limits gear selection to very few possibilities. The power glide allows people to run the existing chassis they have most likely with the gear that came in the car or an easy purchase of an aftermarket gear, the power glide would have a penalty of less rear percentage versus the 350 so it would have some disadvantages as well.

Just thinking out loud here. If we put all our eggs in the 350 basket we may end up with burnt up clutches and eggs with growth of the class slipping away.

Not set in stone but weighing all options.

i think you need to open it up for other stock motor combos like ford and dodge it seam a little one side i have a lot of ford engines and trannys but few chevy engines and trannys and if i could get and emod i would like to run ford simply i have parts for them just a suggestion and i like running standers but auto is ok too.

Edited by ebco2468

Crystal two rules were changed, we are going to allow power glides next year and we are going to allow any wheel backspace. Other than that no changes, the powerglide gives an opportunity for easier gear selection but is not required looks like you are doing just fine with the 350.

Thanks our next emod event is 11/10/12

The power glide allows people to run the existing chassis they have most likely with the gear that came in the car

this might not work as well as you think since most sportmod run rpms at 7000 and higher ours are chip at 6000 that with our tire size difference . a gear range of 550 to 570 hard any way you go JMO

Edited by sam71