Kaden Honeycutt

ron.brown11

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well that just sucks!! He qualified 8, and by lap 35 Kaden was third. They go to a commercial, and when the broadcast comes back, he's smelling rear gear oil burning and smoking. He took it straight to the garage, and finished 33rd.. He was catching the leaders when it happened. Some day they are going to give him enough support, and he's going to win. The pit crew has hurt him or taken him out of the last 2 races. Hopefully tomorrow will be better at SoBo.

Brendan Queen finished 19th on the lead lap. I think he got as high as 14th once.

There were times that I thought Bayley Curry was looking like a ping pong ball. Either he was getting bumped around, or he was bumping someone, and finished 29th, 4 laps down.

After Kaden's deal put him the garage, I switched to watch the SK & SK Lites modifieds run at Stafford. The faster SK mods only had a couple of wrecks, but they did take out 6-7 cars for the night. The SK Lights, let's just say that they had a few more problems. They started 32 cars for the initial green flag. Before anyone made it to turn1, they were missing 8 cars. A couple of them were able to continue on. Complete restart and before they made turn 1 again, we lost another 7-8 cars. So in ZERO laps, over a third of the field was sitting on pit road for the night. But they weren't done wrecking things just yet. Two separate incidents managed to eliminate 4-5 more. I didn't think that it was a full moon, but they sure were driving like it was.

They started 32 cars. Their pre-race line banner only showed 30. There's been 4 cars out due to battle damage. 

Kaden led all but 2 laps for the 50 lap stage 1.

I am not giving info live, as I just got home from seeing our twins. As best as I can tell, I'm about 20-25 minutes behind the live broadcast.

On lap 167, Mike Looney skipped it off the inside wall, shot back across the track, and collected 5 other cars. A guy named Mason Bailey ran Looney down the track to cause it all. Sam Yarbrough was interviewed, and he held nothing back, with very X rated comments. He said that his brand new $100k car is destroyed. His car got airborne, and went driver's door into the turn 3 wall. Thankfully all drivers climbed from their cars. Now, will all exit the track unscathed??

Last night Kaden was running 3rd in the truck race, when his rear end crapped out. Tonight, he led a little over half the race and finishes 3rd. Peyton Sellers missed getting 3rd by about 1 foot at the line. Great Race Mr Honeycutt!!!

Conor Hall qualified inside the top 10, but had to change a tire after qualifying. So that regulated him to the tail end. So he wins the race, and got the Hard Charger Award too. Second Trever Ward; 3rd Honeycutt; 4th Sellers; 5th Kade Brown; 6th Carter Langley; 7th Kyle Dudley; 8th Brendan Queen; 9th Deak McCaskill; and 10th Blake (Superman) Stallings. I was surprised that Queen didn't finish better than 8th, after qualifying 3rd. I thought that he was doing his Langley long race strategy, by dropping back to save tires. He dropped back to 15th at one point, and some of those positions that he picked up came via that 6 car crash. 

Except for that 6 car crash, it was a good race. The 2 other crashes weren't nearly as violent, but Jacob Borst, the first car out, did hurt his front clip. Other than Yarbrough's huge hit, most looked a lot less severe

That was a great race.  Kaden lead a lot of it but Conor Hall was certainly the class of a very good field.  Kaden just could not paint the strip like Conor did and he left the door open for him.  Great run for him

6 hours ago, 24nomo said:

That was a great race.  Kaden lead a lot of it but Conor Hall was certainly the class of a very good field.  Kaden just could not paint the strip like Conor did and he left the door open for him.  Great run for him

I agree. I loved his post race interview. He said that it was his fault, as he made the call on the changes made at the halfway controlled pitstop. But he sure drove the snot out of that thing! I knew that Hall was going to be really stout, and Mr Nelson seems to have found his driver. That experiment last season with Huffman, and I can't remember the driver's name that started last season for him, sure didn't look like a good fit. Yeah, Huffman won a big $30K race, but only because several cars ran out of fuel. He's struggling at his home track at Hickory. Not sure what's going on there. Also, not sure what was wrong with Queen. He was barely a top 10 car all night, and that included practice and qualifying too. It's fun watching him and Hall race at Langley, but Hall has won nearly all of them this year and last.

Posted (edited)

Tomorrow's CARS Tour doubleheader will be at Caraway Speedway in NC. The pre-entry list shows 29 LMSC entries, and Honeycutt isn't one of them unfortunately. But he is among the 19 pre-entered for the Pro LMS, and will again be driving the #51 entry. I was really hoping that he'd be in both races, and try and build on the momentum from last week's LMSC run. I hope he have a great race in the #51.

Kaden sits just 2 points behind Spencer Davis, for the points lead in the Pro LMS.

Edited by ron.brown11

Posted (edited)

Honeycutt qualified 5th, and Spencer Davis was 6th. There were 19 pre-registered for the Pro race, but only 17 qualified. From first to last in qualifying is separated by a half second. From 1st to 5th were separated by .045 seconds. The only surprise slow qualifier is Bollman, in the #24 car (a Donnie Wilson car), as he was the winner the last time the Pros took to the track.

They had 29 cars pre-registered for the LMSC, but only 26 that took time qualifying. The pole winner, Jared Fryar in his 1st race back from an off season accident. Connor Hal, the points leader starts 6th. Brendan Queen, last year's pole sitter could only manage a 14th, and William Byron will start 15th. The top 13 in qualifying, qualified early in the session. Katie Hettinger, who's back driving her family owned team this season, out qualified Queen and Byron in 13th. She has not been anywhere near as strong this season, like she was in the #81 team last year. I don't know if that fell apart because of money, or the intentional crashing of Carson Kvapil in the penultimate race last year. Kvapil won the pole. The gap between Fryar's lap, and 10th quickest was a tenth of a second separation. Second 3rd & 4th were separated by .002. From the pole to 26th was separated by .367 seconds. That's a tight field, and a lot of normally very fast cars are starting in 14th or lower. I've got a feeling that there are going to be some torn up cars, and hurt feelings tonight!

Edited by ron.brown11

Well, that didn't work out well for Honeycutt, who'd made it to seconds. Then Jimmy Renfrew pushed Kaden up the track, and promptly got freight trained back to 7th. On the last lap Spencer Davis got around him, leaving Honeycutt to 8th. That will cost him more points, while trying to keep pace with Davis. He started the night 2 points behind.

In the LMSC race was I was wrong, they didn't tear up a lot of stuff. But the last 7-8 laps?? They were all showing how to move somebody without wrecking them. He's the finishing positions: 1-Brett Crews 2 William Byron 3 Connor Hall;  4 Jared Fryar; 5 Carson Kvapil 6 Layne Riggs 7 Connor Zillisch  8 Trever Ward 9  Ronnie Bassett Jr  10 Ryan Millington 

It was an entertaining race for sure. The last few laps showed some great driving skills. What really got me surprised was not the drivers, but the track crew. How long did it take to put Heim's car back on 4 wheels? They should have them practicing all week on the proper technique. 

CARS Tour sets a nice benchmark. This is the closest thing to the old-school racing we miss, with great production and shows. I am knee-deep in SLM and PLM racing around the country but these LMSC races are the coolest things going. 

Posted (edited)

Yeah, the track crew screwed that up, and then couldn't seem to find a giant chunk of body work off the #97. Stevie Wonder could have seen that from the parking lot. I'm betting that this will be addressed. Harvick was there, and he surely can't see that and think it was a good look for the series.

But the racing was outstanding! I was really surprised at the Pro LMS car count. I know that there were several cars torn up in the last race, but that was almost a month ago. The split was almost 50/50 with small teams and larger teams. Or maybe the fact that it was a mid-week race, held the car count back. 

I'm curious if the Pro LMS team owners are starting to figure out that the LMSC races pay a good chunk more, and might be working toward an LMSC car in the near future. At nearly all of the Pro/LMSC races run on the same night/weekend, the Pro car count has usually been larger, since the purchase of the CARS Tour by the NASCAR 4. 

Edited by ron.brown11

5 hours ago, RodneyRodriguez said:

CARS Tour sets a nice benchmark. This is the closest thing to the old-school racing we miss, with great production and shows. I am knee-deep in SLM and PLM racing around the country but these LMSC races are the coolest things going. 

I agree Rodney, they do a great job putting on a show, and I expect it will get better too. Everything I've seen since to buyout, is that they are trying really hard to make it look more professional. By doing that, and with their shows airing on Flo, it should make it easier for teams to attract sponsors, and for the series/tracks as well. I'm very hopeful that this will lead to a resurgence for asphalt racing in the US. It's sorely needed. 

The Cars Tour never disappoints.  They cars are so close, they have to use the front bumper to pass.  After every race, the interviews are priceless.  Someone is always mad.   Credit to the racers, their care look great.  They take great pride in the way their cars look every race.  They are not worried about what a tire cost.

You all I am very excited for Saturday evening in Houston. We have a 50 lap Modified race to cap off the evening. It may not bring 25 cars but we will have some of the finest drivers in the country in those ground pounders. Hope y'all can take that one in it will be live on RaceOn.com if you can't be there. 

3 hours ago, RodneyRodriguez said:

You all I am very excited for Saturday evening in Houston. We have a 50 lap Modified race to cap off the evening. It may not bring 25 cars but we will have some of the finest drivers in the country in those ground pounders. Hope y'all can take that one in it will be live on RaceOn.com if you can't be there. 

I sure wish I could be there, and even more wish I could race there on Sat. I miss it so much, but if I had all the money in the world, it couldn't change that. If I went back to racing I'm not sure who would kill me first, my wife, or my orthopedic surgeon. My money is on my wife though, as she lives a lot closer. The last time I saw my spine surgeon, and all he does is spines, he told me something that was a big surprise to me. He said that he's only fused 4 vertebrae on a patient twice, in his entire career, and both were on me. I feel so special lol!!. I've got C3 through C7, and L2 through S1 fused. I think I could still take a good hit in the lumbarl, as two 8"rod, 4 cages & 11 screws have given me decent stability. But anything in my neck would either make me a quadriplegic, or just dead. Personally I'd take option 2. C4 through C7 are held together with 8 plates & 8 screws, and then I have a big block and 2 screws at C3. I only have movement in C1 (where basilar skull fractures occur), and C2. But as they say "It's All Good"! 

4 hours ago, NickHolt said:

So, Ron, when you took those hot laps in that Modified at Kyle, you were putting yourself at risk?

I didn't know that info yet. But toward the end of my time with Greg, I did have the first cervical levels of my neck fused. So that was about a year after I hot lapped Greg's car. Eight days after having the plates & screws installed, I was at the track with him. My Dee was absolutely livid. And if I knew what was coming a month later, I would never have gone to the track. One thing is not in question, I was loyal to him. It's another one of life's lessons that I've learned from.

On 7/7/2024 at 12:05 PM, ron.brown11 said:

One thing is not in question, I was loyal to him. It's another one of life's lessons that I've learned from.

You were indeed loyal to Greg.  I would say we both learned a lesson or two from that relationship.