Stewart Hass

I went to a race at Bowman Gray about two years ago. I watched Amber Lynn start from the pole and led the 100 lap race. I have been watching her for these past two years. I think if she was given a chance in good equipment she could do well also. 

Look at all the mature adults having a good motorsports discussion on here for once then all of a sudden neanderthal rhetoric about Giggles and "her kind".  This seems like a comment from someone who celebrates a certain flag but doesn't realize it's just a loser 1860's democrat flag (that got the absolute shit kicked out of it by actual Americans by the way) from some other neanderthals.  Get outta here with that nonsense.

👎

Edited by MikePeters95

Whenever the topic of females racing at the top levels, I always recall Sherry Blakely who raced Late Models at San Antonio Speedway and TIDA.  She moved on to national stuff but ran into the same roadblocks we see today.

I remember watching both of those ladies race, and it was a blast! Thankfully the landscape changed for female racers since their days. With both of their skillsets, I sure would love to see them race today. It's a shame that they had to fight through prejudices that they did. I can't even fathom what Wendell Scott lived through. I hope/believe that we are better than that now, but's that's not my call to make. But I've tried to do my part.