Hallie Deagan

Well it took way too long, but she got released from AM Racing today. Her average finish this season was 26.8, with her best finish of 12th at Talladega, after 17 total races. Joey Logano, who himself said that he's not the greatest road course racer, ran her car and finished 8th. What I don't know, is if Penske supplied the car, or if it was in fact an AM car. But he was brought in to evaluate their program. I don't see him running a Penske car would be helpful in evaluating the AM car/team. I still believe that the only reason Hallie got the ride, was because Ford footed the bill for it. This is not a "picking on Hallie" post, as I've said it on here numerous times. NASCAR desperately needs a successful female driver, and I'd love to support one. At least Ford, and the powers that be in Daytona, didn't stick her in a Cup car, like the did with Danica. What scares me about this failure, is that after 2 strikeouts, will any sponsor or team be willing to pony up the kind of funds needed to try and get another female over the hump? Toyota has cut back on the funds for Isabela Robusto, after her season ending concussion last year. But she is still driving for Toyota. Chevy has dropped Kattie Hettinger. But for her intentional crashing of Kvapil, had an incredible season last year in the CARS Tour Pro LM. Those are the 2 females that I've watched over the last 2-3 years, that seemed to have what it takes to climb into the top 3 NASCAR series'. I sure hope that there are more out there, as they are needed. And not just for NASCAR either. Remember, high tide floats all boats. If NASCAR can get a successful female, that will help the weekly female racer get sponsorship and/or a ride. I don't see Amber Lynn getting that call anytime soon.

That car that AM racing had was supplied from Stewart Haas racing.  Their Xfinity cars are not half bad.   I think she is like a lot of other drivers, including men, that if the car is good, she looks good.  Her lack of knowledge and general understanding of Engineering puts her and lots of others at a disadvantage giving feedback to the crew chief.   The equipment is probably good and needs tweeks to be competitive.  Moffit did fairly well with it last year so there is no reason for her to be so bad unless the equipment has been used up.  That we dont know.  Her Marketing skills got her this far and without results, that is about as far as she is going to go.   She is not the first girl to try and compete with men and she wont be the last.  Robusto looks to be pretty decent, maybe she can get a truck ride and move on up  NEXT>>>>>>

Edited by 24nomo