ASCS Gulf South Region

We were informed by Sabine Speedway that they have to cancel our event September 6th for insurance purposes. With this latest update to the schedule we will forego this season and I will once again regroup and try again. Sorry to everyone I promised for a full season etc. I don’t have the words to express how grateful I am to the supporters. Thank you and stay tuned

I agree. Even though the season is well along (or should be), the loss of one date doesn't seem like it should force cancellation of the remainder of the season. It reminds me a bit of what happened earlier this year.

27 minutes ago, texasprd said:

I agree. Even though the season is well along (or should be), the loss of one date doesn't seem like it should force cancellation of the remainder of the season. It reminds me a bit of what happened earlier this year.

I've yet to find out what's going on this time, but, after the early season debacle they've only gotten 2 races in while losing 5 others.(mostly weather related).... After losing Sabine there were only 3 races remaining on schedule, one at Grayson County(September), 2-day show at Big O(October)..... Even if they got both shows in it would have just been only a 5 race championship..... To me, "regrouping" for 2025 was probably the best option at this time.

I haven't kept up with their results, so I didn't know they had such a high percentage of rainouts - given that, you might be right about regrouping.  On the other hand, I'm sure cancelling will cost them financially per the contracts they have with the tracks. I recall from March when Owen Pittman talked about how he made sure it was ASCS that cancelled the STRR date, not him, due to the cancellation liabilities in the contract. I hope ASCS did their analysis, but I feel bad for the tracks, fans, and racers.