Daytona, What a Weekend of Action....

Lots of Racing Action at Daytona this Weekend....   Good for some like the #8 & #21, & Very Bad for others like the #11, #99, #34, #22, #4, #5.   Congrats to the #21 Team & the Burton Family!!!!

74940761007-daniel-suarez-fire-2.webp

74941565007-mc-dowell-crash-2.webp

74941563007-josh-berry-crash.webp

01j63zjn53btqddjeg0t.webp

Edited by metroracer

as exciting as Daytona and Talladega are to watch, I just do not see how racing there is sustainable.  If you slow them down to keep them from being launched into the stands, It will be like watching paint dry.  There is going to be casualties and with todays aggressive lawyers, I see a billion dollar lawsuit coming soon.   Enjoy it while you can.

31 minutes ago, 24nomo said:

as exciting as Daytona and Talladega are to watch, I just do not see how racing there is sustainable.  If you slow them down to keep them from being launched into the stands, It will be like watching paint dry.  There is going to be casualties and with todays aggressive lawyers, I see a billion dollar lawsuit coming soon.   Enjoy it while you can.

Good point. One way to me is to get rid of overtime at those two tracks. If you have the big one and it take more time to clean than you have laps it ends under yellow. I know it sucks but it is better than severely injuring someone.I won't mind racing back to the flag if carnage is on back straight or beyond. As you said something has to be done.

Yea, in the past, there were a few cars that were fast and the rest of the field would scatter out.  Now, every car in the field is the same speed and they stay together.  I am not sure what the answer is, but let hope noone gets seriously injured or worse.   The last time they had fast cars that wasnt a crash fest was when two cars could hook together and get away.   I think that may have been the cars with the wings on them so the problem was they would take off like a space ship when airborne.  The wing actually promoting flying when the car went upside down

17 hours ago, texasprd said:

The "Car of Tomorrow"?

That one didnt last long ... I HATED  THAT CAR ..  i dont care for cars  they race now ... nascar went  iroc and that is the  problem  ... teams are not aloud to  be innovative anymore .. . other issue i see with the new car ..  the rear roof flaps  .the are tied to the rear trunk  flap . when they raze up  they stand up  least what i have seen .  that in itself catches wind   so that could be a  big issue  .added to the flat bottom    where no  wind can  flow through  ..sail boat time .  seem to have no down force sideways  .but what do i know 

Edited by HiTech

I hate plate racing! Darrell Waltrip actually said what was needed to fix the racing at those tracks. He said the only way to fix it was to "tear down the banking". The solution is correct, but where he said it wasn't. It was during a live broadcast on Fox, at Talladega. Now I'm not a big fan of DW, but he got that right. NASCAR, on the other hand wasn't happy at all. I never heard him utter anything bad about those tracks again. I'm sick to death of seeing 30+ cars running pace laps, just to get to the big one.