Tech Post: Where to get engines rebuilt, engine parts, and what to know!

Soon the Lone Star Legacy community will try to update this thread and a couple others as a quick go-to for anyone new to the series or anyone who is still learning some of the intricacies of the cars or series.  Engines have been a hot topic lately, hopefully some tech is posted here in an easy to digest manner.

• 2 weeks later...

Great idea, Mike!  

James Huff and I put in a bunch of time, effort and money (mostly James and Janette on the money end) to bring the Lone Star Legacy Series back to life after it had been dormant for quite a while.  It does my heart good to see that the series survived after Central Texas Speedway closed, leaving us no place to race except with NASA on the road course in Houston.  Not many joined us on the road courses, so James and I packed it in.

A couple of years later the Simetal family formed another group and it looks like they now have the largest car count at HMP every time they race there.

I have a copy of the original Lone Star Legacy rules if anyone is interested. 

Posted (edited)

If you'd like to post it, last race there was some very angry people in tech after they had non OE pistons they got DQ'ed over, and there was a bunch of rambling about "we need to update the rules" so I made a big thread in the Facebook group, and here, nothing but crickets.

As usual, absolute calamity asking someone to do something, someone tries to get the conversation going, and everyone may as well start dressing like this with how they don't say a word after they have a place to do so:
 stock-photo-dramatic-waist-up-portrait-o

I don't get it.  But legacy and Legends are biggest by far.  Cheapest classes.  Stock car class has a lot of potential but some these mothballed cars need to just show up and let the track see where they index in and go racing.  

Edited by MikePeters95