wow

HiTech

SOME ONE  ON THE TEAM ID SAY  the  car chief really screwed to the pooch   on bowman ..  ..  how could that have happened .. bowman  and team realy stepped it up   . the last  few races  no one else has done that ..  and weight   put a stopi to it .. . some folks say  nascar is behind  this not wanting an all  chevy   and all from one  team  ..   still had a  race to go . no one   would know how the race will end  till the end ..  .. i dont buy that  .. . if the car didnt pass it didnt pass and nascar  has to dq ..   ..some wanted to know how much . does not matter rule is rule and it  failed ...

Edited by HiTech

They all play games with ride height. The whole idea is to get the car as low to the racing surface as possible to:

1) reduce the amount of air under the car, and

2) lower the Center of Gravity of the entire car, and

3) replicate the actual wind tunnel and virtual wind tunnel numbers used during testing. 

The problem is in engineering a foolproof way to return the car to its legal ride height once the race is over. 

There's a shit ton of conspiracy theories going around the interwebs, I find that pretty humorous, even for me.....I especially like the one where someone photoshopped a transmission coming out, seriously?

"How did it pass pre-race tech, but not post-race?"....Now I won't go with the ol' buck shot in the roll bars dump, or the Bobby Allison rear bumper drop, but my "guess" would be ballast loss from turtle hopping or perhaps diffuser parts getting knocked off..... Not knowing exactly what those diffuser panels are made of or weight makes that plausible, but possible?

"If it was ballast why wasn't it seen, or caution put out".....On the road course it could have easily slid off track or into the tire walls.....I mean there was an entire car buried in a tire wall for quite a while before NA$CAR even saw it and threw a caution.....So a chunk of lead(or titanium---lol) could easily be "misplaced" on track.

"RUMORS" about the exact amount weight it was off vary....According to a press release I read they(NA$SAR) allow a certain percentage variance, or about 17 pounds and allowed the team to top off fuel and water and it was still light.....And let us not forget that just a few races back that George Russell/Mercedes had a F-1 win taken away for being light post-race by only 1.5kg(or just a little over three pounds).....Point being, it was light, despite being a minimal amount, maybe a few sockets in his drivers suit would have made up the difference----but I digress.

"Why tech a car so far back in the pack?"....Again, from what I've read from reliable news outlets, "ALL" playoff eligible cars were sent to post race tech for inspection....That should kill all those wild assumptions about 4 HMS cars, or a Penske payoff.....After all Blaney was going to advance anyway.

On a totally unrelated subject(maybe), has anyone seen ol' Chad Knaus around lately?.....Just sayin'😂

I'm reminded of another ballast related story/rumor from the past....About a well known racer that had blocks of plastic painted to look like lead.....During intermission, with prying eyes watching, the crew would install these to throw off the competition on changes being made.

A quick FYI; Before you go hatin' there is a certain amount of sarcasm injected into all that. Enjoy!

Edited by rebelracewriter

24 minutes ago, rebelracewriter said:

There's a shit ton of conspiracy theories going around the interwebs, I find that pretty humorous, even for me.....I especially like the one where someone photoshopped a transmission coming out, seriously?

"How did it pass pre-race tech, but not post-race?"....Now I won't go with the ol' buck shot in the roll bars dump, or the Bobby Allison rear bumper drop, but my "guess" would be ballast loss from turtle hopping or perhaps diffuser parts getting knocked off..... Not knowing exactly what those diffuser panels are made of or weight makes that plausible, but possible?

"If it was ballast why wasn't it seen, or caution put out".....On the road course it could have easily slid off track or into the tire walls.....I mean there was an entire car buried in a tire wall for quite a while before NA$CAR even saw it and threw a caution.....So a chunk of lead(or titanium---lol) could easily be "misplaced" on track.

"RUMORS" about the exact amount weight it was off vary....According to a press release I read they(NA$SAR) allow a certain percentage variance, or about 17 pounds and allowed the team to top off fuel and water and it was still light.....And let us not forget that just a few races back that George Russell/Mercedes had a F-1 win taken away for being light post-race by only 1.5kg(or just a little over three pounds).....Point being, it was light, despite being a minimal amount, maybe a few sockets in his drivers suit would have made up the difference----but I digress.

"Why tech a car so far back in the pack?"....Again, from what I've read from reliable news outlets, "ALL" playoff eligible cars were sent to post race tech for inspection....That should kill all those wild assumptions about 4 HMS cars, or a Penske payoff.....After all Blaney was going to advance anyway.

On a totally unrelated subject(maybe), has anyone seen ol' Chad Knaus around lately?.....Just sayin'😂

I'm reminded of another ballast related story/rumor from the past....About a well known racer that had blocks of plastic painted to look like lead.....During intermission, with prying eyes watching, the crew would install these to throw off the competition on changes being made.

A quick FYI; Before you go hatin' there is a certain amount of sarcasm injected into all that. Enjoy!

I saw on NASCAR’s site that Jeff Gordon said that they won’t appeal and that the problem was all HMS’s. If that’s the case I find it refreshing that they owned it. That puts Logano back in the playoffs. 

41 minutes ago, ron.brown11 said:

I saw on NASCAR’s site that Jeff Gordon said that they won’t appeal and that the problem was all HMS’s. If that’s the case I find it refreshing that they owned it. That puts Logano back in the playoffs. 

Kinda difficult to deny that....At least they didn't try to use the "it weighed alright in the shop" reasoning...If I had a nickel for every time I've seen/heard that one at Anytrack, USA in my days.....I'd have a sack o' nickels.

1 hour ago, rebelracewriter said:

Kinda difficult to deny that....At least they didn't try to use the "it weighed alright in the shop" reasoning...If I had a nickel for every time I've seen/heard that one at Anytrack, USA in my days.....I'd have a sack o' nickels.

i you had a nickel  for everytime one of our cars  failed.. in any tech for anything .. you would still be broke  might be  why we were not fast enough  lol .  nicks class didnt teach us the cheating part .. we never wanted  fail a tech .  it would  cost the gas money to get us back home ... wonder how many times nick failed a car in the running for championship... he knew he was not going to be  the teams friend .after  that ..

32 minutes ago, HiTech said:

i you had a nickel  for everytime one of our cars  failed.. in any tech for anything .. you would still be broke  might be  why we were not fast enough  lol .  nicks class didnt teach us the cheating part .. we never wanted  fail a tech .  it would  cost the gas money to get us back home ... wonder how many times nick failed a car in the running for championship... he knew he was not going to be  the teams friend .after  that ..

It's been a minute since I owned and raced a car, but this was always how I felt. Put the rules in writing, and then enforce them equally, no matter who messed up. I like Bowman, and almost all of my racing took place in Tucson, his hometown. I feel bad for him, because he did nothing to cause the problem. I haven't read anywhere about him being upset about it, but can't imagine that he isn't. But he, like Jeff Gordon is taking it the right way. No whining about it, as that ship has now sailed. I don't know if someone gets fired over this. If it was something intentional by a crew member, maybe that happens. I hope not, but that's part of the business. But I doubt that said person would not be able to get a job somewhere else in NASCAR.

But there is another story out of Charlotte after Sunday's race, that most may not have heard. NASCAR announced that there's an engineer that works at Gibbs, that gave proprietary info to another team. This engineer sold said info for cash. That person is in a contract year, and had been looking around for a new job. I wonder how many teams would like to hire a person who is willing to sell you out? Talk about career suicide. It will be interesting to see if anyone names this person, or if anyone hirers them. Maybe there's an ARCA team looking for help? Oh wait, all of the front running teams are affiliated with a Cup team. I wonder if Gibbs has fired them yet?