Rita - Texas Racers helping Texas Racers

NickHolt

If anybody knows where I might get some help along Hwy 6 between hepstead and college station, then 21 to bastrop and then on back to 10. My sister and her husband along with his family are trying to go that way trying to find gas or someplace to stay until they can get gas or I can get to them possibly tomorrow. They are not on the highways where the tankers are running to fill people up. They left Texas City at 545 this morning and at 4:30 theywere just north of houston on 290.

WE are out of Nederland and Beaumont which is in the Golden Triangle. Thanks to a great racing friend we are safe up in the Dallas area (racers helping racers). It's looking very bad for our home and our new home which is under construction. You watch what happened in New Orleans and say man thats bad. 4 weeks later your are staring in the face the same situation and it just does not seem real. Your home, buisness, livelyhood GONE. Lets just hope we are spared and can get back to life. It is a very hopless feeling sitting here watching it happen and hoping safety on relatives that have to stay at the refiners. We were able to get some stuff out like family pics and papers, non replacables, boat, race car and race car trailer. The house at the beach on Boliviar is not looking good.

I am looking for a place to leave my race car and equipment somewhere north of Beaumont because we are going to be using the trailer as temp living quartes when my brother and I go back in to asses damage and salavage. I'm sure we will be in the trailer for days. We can leave it here in Hubbard but would like to move it closer. We are going to send the women and childern elsewhere.

Say your prayers this one could be tough.

Kirby Caldwell #67