SAS - Time for a name change?

NickHolt

If Terry D. is willing to keep spending all of his money and time to keep racing alive in S.A., I've got no problem w/ Dickerson Speedway.

(Note to Terry: Remember this post when you quote my price on the sign next year.)

Edited by McCrum

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kiss, if you feel that strongly about it, start your own thread and leave this thread as is, its kind of neat seeing different names and ideas, go to new topic and start a discussion there for your topic, allways someone wanting to go negative, wow..........that coming from me,lol,lol,lol :P:rolleyes:

Terry has reviewed several of the posts in this thread and appreciates those of you have provided the serious input.

He wants everyone to know - no matter what the track name - that SAS plans to run under the NASCAR sanction for 2006.

Nick Holt

Hey Nick,

I thought I was being serious. With the possibility of running 4 cars next year and maybe a fifth, it only seemed the statement to make. That question being answered and thank you Terry D for such a quick answer, I'm going with San Antonio Motor Speedway. Or SAMS as someone else said...

Some good ideas here, but i think it'd be better if we left "Alamo" out of it.

There's folks all over this town that think the only thing out there is Alamo dragway, and they think it is still open. A guy at work told me last week he passed by Alamo dragway, and he saw the stands were full. He thinks the stands for the oval are part of the dragstrip..........

If you could land em', "Hard Rock Raceway". (Hard Rock Cafe on the River Walk) Being that that track is not very forgiving, I think it may be fitting.

I'm not familiar enough with San Antonio's counties, but if it happens to fall in the Bexar County lines, you could simply call it "The Bexar".

Guest The_Greek

no matter the name change if any, everyone will always refer to the place as San Antonio Speedway. here a couple of names

The High Banks of SA

Sombrero Speedway

Hey Tom what about a name for us youngsters!

Gee, Brad, Let me think--Something about your age??

How about "Chucky Cheese International Speedway?"

Classes will be rookie big wheels, limited tricycles, and the ever popular late model pedal cars................... ;)