Terry Dickerson seeks your 'Fall Brawl' input...

NickHolt

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, that one year at Octoberfast the bikes put on a helluva show. I think they ran 20 laps, yes 20 laps. It took 30 minutes to run the damn race. They just lagged around for the first 19 laps, then got after it on the last lap. Why not just run one lap? Felt sorry for the fat guy that got lapped. Had to be the boringest race anyones ever had to sit though. That was one of Mike Sepich's greatest ideas ever. And to top it off, it was already almost midnight and they still had to run the SLM's.

if youre not gonna run tsrs run the sportsman. i would think it could have the best turn out in regards to tams or tsrs....

Terry wants to thank each of you for your input. He also talked to many people about this and has decided that the Sportsman/Street Stock/Super Stock class will be added to the "Fall Brawl"

Wayne and Terry are working on the details and they will be posted when ready.

Nick Holt

Karts were mentioned earlier in this thread, along with the danger of racing them at SAS. Why not karts with cages? ..................... Quarter Midgets on the front straight.

Also, earlier in this thread, I think Reb mentioned open wheel cars. Its too late THIS YEAR for them, but maybe consider in the Spring ..................... USAC Silver Crown runs an early spring race in Phoenix every year. They don't run again until late May. Terry might be able to get them to come down I-10 to SA after that Phoenix race. Bet they'd love to be able to run an additional race before heading back north to hibernate 3 more months.

Paul White runs that series.

Edited by Budman

Karts were mentioned earlier in this thread, along with the danger of racing them at SAS. Why not karts with cages? ..................... Quarter Midgets on the front straight.

Also, earlier in this thread, I think Reb mentioned open wheel cars. Its too late THIS YEAR for them, but maybe consider in the Spring ..................... USAC Silver Crown runs an early spring race in Phoenix every year. They don't run again until late May. Terry might be able to get them to come down I-10 to SA after that Phoenix race. Bet they'd love to be able to run an additional race before heading back north to hibernate 3 more months.

Paul White runs that series.

I thought they ran a USAC race somewhere around Thanksgiving? I know the past two years we've been at PIR and Manzanita they have talked it up... Even mentioned "Smoke" Tony Stewert and I believe J.J. Yaley!

Any rules yet for the Sportsman Class?

i would be guessing? but i'd say the same as octoberfast.............................

lets see the entry fee and make the payout good and i'll make the trip ...if not we'll start rebuilding for next year.

Fall Brawl Sportsman/Street Stock/Super Stock enrty form and and rules are posted in the Announcements section.

Nick Holt